Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colour change; help needed.
11-18-2010, 05:52 PM,
Colour change; help needed.
Hi everyone. I was working out what colour hair I have the other day and it is surprisingly difficult. When I wash my hair it is obviously 'brown' but after a few days it gets darker because of natural oils etc; In my opinion quite a lot browner. This is obviously a problem if you want to wear hair. So what shall I do about this? Or am I just imagining this problem?
I was considering dying my hair black but then you have colour 1 which is black and 1b which is 'off black,' so which is it to be 1 or 1b? Very confused by all of this.
11-19-2010, 07:33 PM,
RE: Colour change; help needed.
Hello Person.... Hair can look different under various lighting conditions and system hair and growing hair are obviously different in that the growing hair is getting natural oils etc.... I can see a difference at times on my own when I look in the large mirror with good natural light coming through the window. My own hair is similar to yours.... from a distance it looks almost black, but is actually a very dark brown..... my system hair is a `1b`.....what I do sometimes is I colour `down`my hair using black colour, to darken the brown, and I find the system hair can be then made to look almost black by spraying in some leave-in conditioner and misting with water ... gives a really good colour-match. I`d order 1b if I were you as 1 is jet-black [same as Asian Indian hair] When your 1b system arrives it looks as if it actually IS jet-black, but after a little wear-in , you will begin to see the brown-ish hue under certain lighting, due to `colour-lift`..... don`t worry about it too much though as it shouldn`t be as severe as you fear .... we as wearers [ as I said before] are our own worst critics and look for the slightest imperfection like hawks and then we `amplify`them in our minds ...to 99% of casual observers, they don`t notice a thing! Paul.
11-21-2010, 02:13 AM,
Usually I hear just the opposite---that the hair piece is getting lighter in color. That's especially true in the summertime as people are out in the sun and the hair (both the hair piece and your own growing hair) go through the normal process of oxidation. Your hair will always look darker when it's wet or has oil on it. When it's dry the cuticles reflect light differently and the hair looks lighter. Paul's right about us being our own worst critics--what we think is a big deal other people don't even notice.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
11-21-2010, 03:32 AM,
Thanks for the replys guys. I think my hair colour is the one below 1b because it is noticably brown. What about dying my hair jet black to avoid the colour issue all together? Is this a realistic idea please?
11-21-2010, 04:28 AM,
Hi person ..you`d most likely find that to be a bit onerous to be honest ... almost from day 2 or 3 of colouring it black, it will begin to lighten again from shampoo etc ... you`ll then be constantly checking/ paranoid to see if there is a noticeable difference between it and the system hair and having to frequently colour it to match the system ..it`s a lot more practical to try to just get the system to match your own by ordering the correct colour ..it will save you a lot of bother really...... just send in a good-size sample of your hair with your order ... you`ll have enough things to be learning and `dealing` with as a new wearer, without getting eye-strain from the mirror ! ;-) Paul.
11-21-2010, 06:56 AM,
(11-21-2010, 04:28 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi person ..you`d most likely find that to be a bit onerous to be honest ... almost from day 2 or 3 of colouring it black, it will begin to lighten again from shampoo etc ... you`ll then be constantly checking/ paranoid to see if there is a noticeable difference between it and the system hair and having to frequently colour it to match the system ..it`s a lot more practical to try to just get the system to match your own by ordering the correct colour ..it will save you a lot of bother really...... just send in a good-size sample of your hair with your order ... you`ll have enough things to be learning and `dealing` with as a new wearer, without getting eye-strain from the mirror ! ;-) Paul.

Ok thank you paul for your reply. Another question, if I was to use my own hair colour I think I would need a blend of two different browns; perhaps the one where my hair is washed and the one three days later. Do you think that would be a good idea? Also do all hair replacement companies use the same colour code for hair colour e.g. 1b for very dark brown? Thanks.
11-21-2010, 07:48 AM,
Hi again person .. as John said above...it`s unusual to have the situation you describe.... but we`ll believe you !! A simpler solution is to use some product on your own hair just after washing, to get it to darken to what you say it looks like after a few days... some kind of hair oil maybe .. I know Vaseline do a hair -tonic [it`s a clear liquid and very cheap] it`s got a blue and silver label and is in a flat plastic bottle.... I know it possibly is not available all over the world in shops but I`ve just Googled it and it`s available on `Amazon` and other sites....it`s great for the hair and scalp too [don`t use any oily products on your system though as it can cause knots to become un-done ] I see on one site they are saying it`s no longer on sale in USA..... have a look at http://www.pomade-shop.eu ...... they have a huge range of products..just type `Vaseline hair tonic`into the search box on the homepage there and you`ll see it ..it`s really good.
As to your question on the 2-tone hair colour ..mmm, I guess it will depend on how much of your own hair will actually be visible -- I assume a fairly large amount? In my case, I have only one third of my own left and the system hair covers a lot of that too so it`s not so much of an issue for me...... ordering a mix of browns may be an option.... to be honest, I`ve never heard of it apart from people ordering a percentage of grey which would obviously be quite visible.... I reckon you might have [ no pun ] mixed results though ..have a think about the idea of making your own look darker by using a product like I `ve suggested.
Finally... and I stand to be corrected.... as far as I know, the companies use the same colour -codes but don`t take that as absolute fact...you can always check with any company before finalising an order..... I hope that`s helped anyway .. Paul.
11-21-2010, 10:00 AM,
(11-21-2010, 07:48 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi again person .. as John said above...it`s unusual to have the situation you describe.... but we`ll believe you !! A simpler solution is to use some product on your own hair just after washing, to get it to darken to what you say it looks like after a few days... some kind of hair oil maybe .. I know Vaseline do a hair -tonic [it`s a clear liquid and very cheap] it`s got a blue and silver label and is in a flat plastic bottle.... I know it possibly is not available all over the world in shops but I`ve just Googled it and it`s available on `Amazon` and other sites....it`s great for the hair and scalp too [don`t use any oily products on your system though as it can cause knots to become un-done ] I see on one site they are saying it`s no longer on sale in USA..... have a look at http://www.pomade-shop.eu ...... they have a huge range of products..just type `Vaseline hair tonic`into the search box on the homepage there and you`ll see it ..it`s really good.
As to your question on the 2-tone hair colour ..mmm, I guess it will depend on how much of your own hair will actually be visible -- I assume a fairly large amount? In my case, I have only one third of my own left and the system hair covers a lot of that too so it`s not so much of an issue for me...... ordering a mix of browns may be an option.... to be honest, I`ve never heard of it apart from people ordering a percentage of grey which would obviously be quite visible.... I reckon you might have [ no pun ] mixed results though ..have a think about the idea of making your own look darker by using a product like I `ve suggested.
Finally... and I stand to be corrected.... as far as I know, the companies use the same colour -codes but don`t take that as absolute fact...you can always check with any company before finalising an order..... I hope that`s helped anyway .. Paul.

Yeah that is a good idea actually; I was thinking of using styling products in the hair anyway; what type of styling creams are advisable to use on system hair and your own hair. I used to use this product on my own hair -

https://minnewyork.com/professional-hair...gel-1.html

Would it be ok to use that on system hair as well please?
11-21-2010, 09:26 PM,
Hello again person.... I`m not a big fan on using a lot of products on system hair as I`ve said in other posts, mainly due to the fact that they build up, leaving the hair looking drab, and you end up washing more frequently and that in itself shortens the life of the system due to drying etc. I know many ..especially younger guys..want to use gels etc. to be fashionable and add a bit of `style`to their hair .... Debbie supplies a gel which is OK for system hair.... I had a look at the site you linked -to there...I`m not an expert but I did see a `sulfate`listed there...I have no way of telling if that would be the same kind of Sulfate which is in `ordinary` shampoos and is an enemy of system hair ... the main things you have to avoid really are Sulfates and alcohols in products .... maybe anyone who uses off-the -shelf gels can chip in here with a bit of advice for person please? You probably had a look at my recent post there regarding the `Remysoft`products [ I`ll be seeking recommendation fees off them soon !! LOL ] but honestly, I can say I`m very very impressed with them...`treated`my system last night again [ 3rd time in a month or so ] and it`s literally like a new lease of life for the hair ..... the final `sealer`product which you apply to lock in moisture, gives a lovely sheen to the hair and can be applied to your growing hair too...that in itself could help you with the blending issue you are concerned about .... a little bit `pricey` but formulated specifically for system hair so you don`t have the niggling doubts in your mind when washing etc., if you are actually causing damage to your system ..... I`ve been wearing now for about 15 years, and have ploughed my way through a fair share of products in my time, but the Remysoft has really impressed me.
The other big no-no on a system is any oily products...the oil will find it`s way to the knots and lead to shedding...... It can be confusing, with so many products out there, but I have found that applying thick gels, hair fudges, and other such products just make more work for you as you have to remove them again, and that can be tough on system hair...... wearing doesn`t have to be a huge chore or literally take over a major amount of your time daily, less is best in my view ..but that`s just me. Best wishes mate... Paul.
11-22-2010, 04:05 AM,
(11-21-2010, 09:26 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hello again person.... I`m not a big fan on using a lot of products on system hair as I`ve said in other posts, mainly due to the fact that they build up, leaving the hair looking drab, and you end up washing more frequently and that in itself shortens the life of the system due to drying etc. I know many ..especially younger guys..want to use gels etc. to be fashionable and add a bit of `style`to their hair .... Debbie supplies a gel which is OK for system hair.... I had a look at the site you linked -to there...I`m not an expert but I did see a `sulfate`listed there...I have no way of telling if that would be the same kind of Sulfate which is in `ordinary` shampoos and is an enemy of system hair ... the main things you have to avoid really are Sulfates and alcohols in products .... maybe anyone who uses off-the -shelf gels can chip in here with a bit of advice for person please? You probably had a look at my recent post there regarding the `Remysoft`products [ I`ll be seeking recommendation fees off them soon !! LOL ] but honestly, I can say I`m very very impressed with them...`treated`my system last night again [ 3rd time in a month or so ] and it`s literally like a new lease of life for the hair ..... the final `sealer`product which you apply to lock in moisture, gives a lovely sheen to the hair and can be applied to your growing hair too...that in itself could help you with the blending issue you are concerned about .... a little bit `pricey` but formulated specifically for system hair so you don`t have the niggling doubts in your mind when washing etc., if you are actually causing damage to your system ..... I`ve been wearing now for about 15 years, and have ploughed my way through a fair share of products in my time, but the Remysoft has really impressed me.
The other big no-no on a system is any oily products...the oil will find it`s way to the knots and lead to shedding...... It can be confusing, with so many products out there, but I have found that applying thick gels, hair fudges, and other such products just make more work for you as you have to remove them again, and that can be tough on system hair...... wearing doesn`t have to be a huge chore or literally take over a major amount of your time daily, less is best in my view ..but that`s just me. Best wishes mate... Paul.

Thanks for the informative advice paul; I reckon if I was to use gel I would use the one you mentioned from debbie; thanks mate.