Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A girl caught me!!! (photos)
11-05-2010, 08:15 AM,
RE: A girl caught me!!! (photos)
Hey angelectrico ... just picking up on one tangent of this thread, and trying to be helpful ... the red-orange tones showing up in your piece. This is almost certainly oxidation from Sun/UV rays ... a common problem for us wearers, though it is a problem for ALL dyed hair, it is especially so for hairpiece hair due to all the chemical treatment during manufacture.

It's good to use a shampoo for color treated hair, as you do ... but you might want to experiment with other brands as well ... I think it is the sulfates in most shampoos that tend to strip color. Even so, you may need to try some leave-in products (conditioners, styling products) with UV protection ... or even a hat when exposing your piece to a lot of direct sunlight.

For most of us, assuming the lace and general condition of the hair is still OK, a re-coloring of the hairpiece is necessary to correct this as the piece ages. If not, this is when I generally replace it :-)

But I relate to your feelings on getting busted, and appreciate your pics ... you are getting a good look and will solve the detectability issue. I like the positive attitude about this too ... that we can look at it as an opportunity to improve attachment skill, or hairstyle choices ... especially since she seems cool with it.

Cheers,
FB

Messages In This Thread
RE: A girl caught me!!! - Baldrich - 11-03-2010, 09:48 PM
RE: A girl caught me!!! - Paul In Ireland - 11-04-2010, 12:01 AM
RE: A girl caught me!!! (photos) - drew100 - 11-05-2010, 03:28 AM
RE: A girl caught me!!! (photos) - Xeon005 - 11-05-2010, 06:42 AM
RE: A girl caught me!!! (photos) - furball - 11-05-2010, 08:15 AM
RE: A girl caught me!!! (photos) - Snipe - 11-08-2010, 03:06 AM