Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A girl caught me!!! (photos)
11-04-2010, 03:12 PM,
RE: A girl caught me!!! (photos)
Duplicate post.
11-04-2010, 03:44 PM,
angelectrico im curious are you hispanic by any chance? the login sounds spanish thats why i ask, i am so i thought that was pretty cool,

graduated hairlines are a common thing just ask for it, but if you where outted by the shine then remember that it may make that more obvious, what other glues have you tried? i heard that ghost bond was good tho a little expensive, and also blue tape ive heard dissappears well but havent tried yet, your hair looks cool but being a wearer it might be smarter to simply change hairstyle than risk making it more obvious that you wear, were lucky that hair forward is so cool these days and so many people wear it, its much easier to fit in and not draw attention which is what we want

you look pretty young have you been wearing for a long time? theres a thread where i put some pics, maybe you could tell me what you think i still havent ordered but am planning on as soon
11-04-2010, 04:06 PM,
Hi Hollisterco

Yes I´m from Mexico (sorry if my english is bad)
This is my first hairpiece, so I´m really a newbie, I´ve only tried Base Bond glue, and I think the glue is getting... I don´t know how to explain it... but it doesn´t look as good as when it was new. I want to try Ghost bond to see if I get better results.
And well... I´m 33 years old, but I look so much younger, like 24, people always think that I´m like 24-25 years old.
I will take a look to your post.
11-04-2010, 04:51 PM,
wow yea ur sideburns looks just like my friend's and hes only 21 so thats really good, cool im just across from juarez mx and have family also in mexico city so i speak fluent spanish in case you ever get caught up with some word, although your english is excellent, perfectly understandable.. so how long have you been wearing? what about the red tint can you see it with artificial light, sun, or is it only like the red eye camera effect? i was surprised when you said your hair was actually black because it looks like a light brown, there must be alot of red glow then

you can try ghost bond, walkers no shine tape or blue tape (theyre like a strip of glue) those should be good against shine, although ive heard good things about the basebond, do you think the problems could be because its old or could it also be the way you apply it? got2b glued might be worth trying since its super cheap, or OWG white glue, just to have something to compare to and shouldnt be too expensive, there was a post i found once that compared all of these glues, im gonna see if i can find it somewhere
11-04-2010, 05:22 PM,
Hey Hollisterco

It´s cool to have some hispanic contacts in here!
Well I´ve been wearing hair since... like... 3 years ago, but my first piece wasn´t from Toplace, and it was good, but the base is like skin, but really thick, it is very durable, I still have it, but I could not ever show some scalp, or expose my hairline, so I used to wear a beisbol hat all the time, and the old hairpiece under the hat, just in case someone took my hat off, and then I order my first Toplace piece like a year ago, I don´t use it everyday, sometimes I still wear a hat with the old piece under it. But I´m tired of that, that´s why I want my next piece to be better, and take care of those little details, like the colour for example, my hair is almost black, or the darkest brown, but in the pictures I look like a redhead LOL!
The hairpiece got that color I think because of the water, or shampoo, I use a shampoo that it´s suppose to be made especially for people who dye their hair, and it suppose to help to maintain the color. But that didn´t help alot.
In the pictures look more red-orange, because of the camera but in person looks a little less, but still, there´s a noticeable difference between my hair color, and the hair color of the piece.
About the glue, I think it´s because it´s old, but yes, I will try other ones.
11-05-2010, 03:28 AM,
Hey Angel, I'm actually really surprised that you got caught. Judging from your piece your front hairline is very realistic and I don't see any visible knots. The density is also very good for you. I guess she could have noticed some shine by your adhesive at the front like the other posters were saying. However, if you mentioned that there is a visible contrast in hair color because you have too much red tones she could have noticed this about your piece earlier and became suspicious- which might have lead to her looking at your hair more carefully for other flaws. Either way I think you're on the right track with this, just need to make some small adjustments
11-05-2010, 06:42 AM,
You cant really go by pictures or even video sometimes. In person things can show up differently. The difference in lighting, the angle. Pictures can cover up OR expose what the eye does or does not see. Its a tricky subject. If she saw glue, than she must have seen white patches with hairs stuck in it. I wold have simply said damn i used too much gel or something. I think that would have gotten you out, but she probably saw lace or something too. I think for those who might have more trouble making the front hairline look good, just dont expose it as much. Would solve the whole problem entirely. Some can expose it and it looks totally invisible. some people with certain attachment methods or skin color's might have more of a problem.
11-05-2010, 08:15 AM,
Hey angelectrico ... just picking up on one tangent of this thread, and trying to be helpful ... the red-orange tones showing up in your piece. This is almost certainly oxidation from Sun/UV rays ... a common problem for us wearers, though it is a problem for ALL dyed hair, it is especially so for hairpiece hair due to all the chemical treatment during manufacture.

It's good to use a shampoo for color treated hair, as you do ... but you might want to experiment with other brands as well ... I think it is the sulfates in most shampoos that tend to strip color. Even so, you may need to try some leave-in products (conditioners, styling products) with UV protection ... or even a hat when exposing your piece to a lot of direct sunlight.

For most of us, assuming the lace and general condition of the hair is still OK, a re-coloring of the hairpiece is necessary to correct this as the piece ages. If not, this is when I generally replace it :-)

But I relate to your feelings on getting busted, and appreciate your pics ... you are getting a good look and will solve the detectability issue. I like the positive attitude about this too ... that we can look at it as an opportunity to improve attachment skill, or hairstyle choices ... especially since she seems cool with it.

Cheers,
FB
11-06-2010, 02:17 PM,
Hi drew100

Yes, before she asked me about the "glued hair", she asked me if I dye my hair! :S
And I tried to deny it, in fact, I used the line: 'I used too much gel', 'It´s because I sweat too much' and all those kind of things. But like I said, she´s really smart! And we just got to the point where I couldn´t deny it anymore :S

Hi furball

I really don´t use the piece during the day, never! because I work at night, during the day, I´m sleeping, so it´s got to be the water, and shampoo.

Thanks to all of you for your comments, I think, it´s just a matter of taking care of those little details, and I think I will get it right soon.
11-06-2010, 05:14 PM,
Didn't that make the busting worst Angelectrico? - naw i dye my hair; well no it's just sweat; well actually I used too much hair gel; aw shucks, you're right, I wear a wig.

You're not only having to come clean about wearing the wig, but also about lying your head off to try to avoid coming clean. That must make it clear to her that you were desperately hoping to try to continue fooling her that it is your own hair, which damages your credibility.

It seems to me the better approach, if it is clear a girl knows you have something going on with your hair, is to admit to having false hair in some more acceptable form - eg yes I was thinning and I get extensions put in - and then make it clear that the subject is off limits. That way you don't have to give away that it's a wig or hairpiece, but equally you are not taking the risk of lying and being busted for that.

Anyone else have any thoughts or experiences of this situation?