Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What specs should I use for a piece behind my transplanted hairline? - PICS
11-01-2010, 02:41 PM,
What specs should I use for a piece behind my transplanted hairline? - PICS
Hi guys,

Some history, I went for a frontal hair transplant about 9 mths ago and was quite happy with the results, but recently I noticed that my top is starting to thin too.

I hope to be able to use my front hairline as I tried wearing a hairpiece before but the front area always tends to get red and itchy and also the front is the hardest to be undectable.

So I was wondering what you guys will suggest for the specs. You can see the scalp in the pics I sent, but they actually look worst in bright light, though I can still conceal them with toppik.

And before anybody suggests sticking with toppik, I'm kinda sick of being unable to style my hair and avoiding rain and the usual stuff that comes with toppik.

Thanks alot for your advice in advance.

Regards

Attached Files Image(s)

11-01-2010, 08:15 PM,
RE: What specs should I use for a piece behind my transplanted hairline? - PICS
hello drogster.. could you make the pics a little smaller ? I use a microsoft webcam [pics are always hazy] but if you adjust the resolution settings, it will tale a `normal`size pic...if you use a digital camera, you can usually re-size the images with a programme already on your PC or try the one JRob recommended recently called `Picasa` [very quick and easy download ] ...it`s just that it`s difficult to see the `overall` situation when the pics are so close-up. Having said that, from what I can see I wish I had that much of my own hair still! lol ! Still, I know it bothers you the way it is and that`s all that matters ...so I think a partial would do you very well in a free-style as your hair is not in any particular `style`..it has a `messed/tossed`look which is great for incorporating a freestyle into..... I don`t want to give an opinion on the density as I can`t get a good overall view of your head.... pic 1 is the best/ clearest one ... but I assume you are wanting to increase the density from what it is in that pic ? We`d need to see a pic taken from a bit of a distance you know... sorry I can`t be more helpful just now...best regards, Paul.
11-01-2010, 09:50 PM,
it obviously concerns you enough to post on the forum with the pics.
the obvioues statment would be to say,carry on with the concealer,i know you stated you dont want to hear that,as its not youre preffered option.
but youre hair seems pretty good, dense from the pics uploaded.
can you upload somemore., lower res ect.
i mean has anyone mentioned it to you, i know people are nice about thease matters and probably wont,
but maybee girfreinds best freinds,
the only feedback we have is from you, and sometimes we get thease matters way out of perspective.
i used to use concealler so i know where youre comming from.
about 7-8 years i now wear a partial.
anyway great thing is theres a lot of options and even better you control them,
good luck anty Smile
11-01-2010, 11:31 PM,
Hi guys, I'm really sorry about the pics, they were the correct size when I uploaded them from iPhone. :/.

I'll try to upload smaller pics once I figure out how to. At a smaller zoom, the pics actually show that the top is very thin but is just covered by the length of the hair.

Do u guys know anybody who wears behind the hairline? The main concern I have is whether I can get away with wearing a 60-65% density piece if my front is about 55 to 60% since my theory is that it will have the same effect as a graduated hairline or should I get athe same density.

Sorry again for spoiling your eyes with the big pictures!
11-02-2010, 12:13 AM,
Hi again drogster .. no worries..computers wreck my head at the best of times ! I think it was Antywanty who posted a link a few weeks back to a site which helps re- size photos [or was it Snipe ? ] it was in relation to a pic posted by John [Toplace] of a guy with a full cap and the pic was very large too... have a look sown the forum for pics posted by Toplace and you should find it ... or maybe some reader can re -post the link. I think your idea of getting a slightly higher density piece than the front hair is very practical but don`t `do the dog `on it [an Irish expression ! ] I mean don`t go too high..maybe only 5% higher than the front..we`ll be able to give a better opinion once we can get a better view ..ok mate, will keep an eye open on the forum. Paul.
11-02-2010, 06:49 AM,
There is a guy named eric who talks on another forum who does this same exact thing. he wears behind a transplanted hairline. His hairline is very sparse, and his piece is kind of thick. If it is MUCH thinner in the front, it will just look like u are naturally thinning in the front.
11-05-2010, 12:17 PM,
here your pictures in a smaller size

Ok i can see you are thining, but before going to a toper i would wait one or two years and use some concealers to cover the thining, because i would kill to have that amount of hairs Big Grin

But thats up to you, if you try a piece i would say that the density has to be something between 55 and 65 (definitely not more!). Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

11-05-2010, 07:28 PM,
Hi drogster .. I agree with Ruulkasar .. I`d kill to have that amount of my own hair... yes you are thinning, but it`s still `early days ` for you....actually most wearers here are asking what density they should order in order to have exactly the amount of scalp show -through that you have ! Once you begin wearing, there is `no going back ` and while there is nothing wrong with wearing, why cross your bridges before you come to them ? Paul.
11-05-2010, 10:18 PM,
I agree with the two gentlemen above!!!
Can't believe you are even thinking about it yet, but that shows how the mind sometime can play tricks on you ;-)
I could understand your feeling if you were 16-20 years old, but since you've already had a transplant, I'd guess you're in your mid 20's or even older, and if so I think you still have a long way to go before needing to think about doing something else with your hair...
11-06-2010, 12:27 AM,
I don't know...but concelears are also some time pain in the ass...so maybe the user is more lime...trying to experiment this and forget about concelears...
I think with hairpiece can be also tough experience sometime but at least you can have your density that you are looking for!