Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey all!!
10-30-2010, 11:35 AM,
Hey all!!
Hi guys!
I've been looking for this option for a while, and seems that toplace is the best deal you have!.

This is my story:

I have a lot of thinning at the front, but I keep my hair long so I cover it, but It sucks when it's rainy or windy (happens a lot where I live).
I want to jump into this world, the psycho of this I think I can handle it, I mean, if someone discovers me, fuck it, I tell him and that's it, I couldn't care less about the people, just want to be confident with myself Smile.

I use to have my hair a lil bit long and curly, NOT showing the front, so detectabily is not my big issue. My here comes my big fear.

I surf like daily, and I think I'm going for a full cap (don't want to mess with the change of density, cut my hair etc), just want to shave my hair in the maintenances and wear a full cap. Does a poly with a full cap and tape goes well with water?, also I am a sporty guy, so sweating is my big deal.

I can handle a maintenance each 4 - 5 days..

I have a little bit of Dermathitis Seborreic, but with a Corticoides each week or so will go well I guess..

I also want to buy 2 units each time, for having the maintenances easier and also, because so I can wear one piece to go surfing (this piece is gonna be a little bit more messed up), and the other one to use in my normal days.

What do you guys think???

If this drives me crazy, I'll just shave my ugly head and forget about gettin laid Sad

Salut!
10-30-2010, 01:22 PM,
RE: Hey all!!
What's up younggun, I don't know much bout wearing all I know is I will wear hair and Fuck people I will tell everyone fuck it I just want crazy spiky hair
10-30-2010, 09:08 PM,
hey young gun!my system hairs actually beter than my origional old naturaly growing hair,
its now glossy, clean, and best of all slight wave and i spike it with wet look gell,had lots of compliments of ladies.
regards full cap, paul from Ireland is youre guy, hes a member here and am sure he will chipp in.i wear a partial. anyway try searching the forum for watersports, ect im sure you'll find posts/threads that have already answered youre question.
im sure like me you'll having a life changing experiance, its amazing,
is youre scalp naturaly very oily or dry?
youve really just got to work out the best bond for youre body cemistry.
it could be glue, or a tape glue combination.
once again i repeat,wearing is life changing,and so easy. it really is like turning the clock back, its bloody wonderfull
regards anty Smile
10-30-2010, 09:50 PM,
Just to correct that -- I`m thinking of going full-cap....presently am wearing a `normal`system. JRob is the guy who has a lot of experience and has left a lot of posts...just have a root through the forum. Regards, Paul.
p.s. Have a look at hairjive.com which is JRob`s site ..it`s a mine of information about the whole full-cap area. I don`t think that all-poly is recommended for Full -caps [ I was going to say ``off the top of my head`` lol ! ] but practically every possible question you might have on the whole full -cap area is covered in easy -to -understand language.
10-31-2010, 05:10 AM,
Hey, thanks for your quick response and feedback, you guys are AWSOME!.

Well, I spoke yesterday with my Dermathologist, and he gave me pills for a skin condition called (dermography) "it's like when you press your skin and take off the finger rapidly, your skim appears red for some seconds, but longer..., and he said my (little) dermathitis could be itching worse because of that, and with this pills with no side effects at all I will be super fine.. I'm goin to see him again next month, and I'll tell him about the hairsistem, he's a super cool guy.

What is more confortable for you guys? a full cap or a partial?, I just thought that a full cap requires less perfection on the way you atach it, to avoid blending etc, and I don't wanna be cut my hair for time to time... I mean if I don't have my own hair anymore... why should I still going to get my hair cut hehehe

Have you guys tried to go to a regular hair dresser and act like you didn't have a system?, What happened?

I'm thinking about next time I have my system on, go to my regular Dermathologist and don't tell him anything, and see how much time does he need to detect it, could be super fun.

So you guys do sports and everything and it's ok right??

Thanks !!!
10-31-2010, 06:02 AM,
Hello younggun, a few points to be aware -of. You surf daily... salt water is harsh on any system hair [ it`s harsh enough on growing hair, let alone non-growing ] so I feel that will certainly affect how much wear you get. A fullcap has the advantage that you don`t have the bother of blending it in with growing hair and you just keep your head shaved yourself..... irrespective of full or partial, lace is totally comfortable...... with an active lifestyle, I wouldn`t recommend an all -poly system especially as you have a skin condition as it is ...the build-up of sweat etc under an all- poly would probably make things worse. I`m not a dermatologist but I know that Coal -tar shampoos can be extremely soothing on the scalp and `calm`things down... I don`t know what country you are in, but try Neutragena T-gel shampoo ....it`s widely available in Ireland, so I assume it`s available freely elsewhere.... or just go to your Pharmacy and ask for a shampoo based on coal tar......it`s a bit expensive but very effective on many skin conditions. I would NOT recommend going to a normal salon wearing a system and `hope for the best` ... the stylist working at such close quarters will eventually spot the system when the hair is damp, and also, even if he/she didn`t, it`s quite possible that the relatively sharp tips of a comb will catch/snag in the lace and result in a rip. You certainly could go, but tell them you are wearing...all they have to do is `lift`the system hair upwards allowing access to the growing hair.....shouldn`t be an issue for any stylist.
If you can get away without a full -cap for now, try a partial which you will find a little easier to `work`with, regarding getting used to attachments because I reckon you will have to do more frequent de/re- bonds in order to maintain/clean the hair due to exposure to salt water.
There is no reason you couldn`t wear per se, just don`t expect too much from a system if it`s going to be exposed to a lot of `harsh wear`....... regards, Paul.
10-31-2010, 06:50 AM,
It is hard to say man. You might actually enjoy a partial hair system more than a full one, or vice versa. It could be a trial and error type of thing. There are no definitive answers, everyone is different and what works for one might not work for another person. You just have to find what works for you as you go. There are pros and cons to having a full cap. Some people like them more, some people think they are harder to deal with and more work. I think the decision should be based on what kind of look you are wanting to achieve compared to the extend of your hair loss. If you have very good hair and only need a small area of coverage, i would rather just get a partial and try that first, If that don't work out you could always get a full cap etc.
10-31-2010, 08:47 AM,
Paul, I was thinking of getting two pieces, one for surfing and the other one for my daily basis.

Well, I surf daily in my best days... but you know, it's not a rule.
I also clean my hair just after gettin out the water, so I'll do that with the piece...

Doesn't the lace wear off when it's exposed to water a long time (let's say 3-4hours max) "obviously i'm not scubba diving", just duck some times.

Thanks, I'll try the partial
10-31-2010, 09:30 AM,
hi again younggun... did you have a look at the TL-600 exercise base on the style options page ? Might be the solution as it`s designed for `tougher`lifestyles..... might be an idea? Certainly I`d keep a `good`system for normal wear ....no -one will be taking too much notice of you at the beach really ... it`s a different story when sitting in a restaurant in close proximity to people who have time to `study`you.... you know what I mean anyway. As Xeon005 was saying...it`s trial and error at first ....full caps have their own individual issues and could be hard work for a complete new wearer who isn`t used to positioning it properly and various bonding methods... the partial will help `ease`you into wearing and finding out your likes/dislikes and how to attach properly ... the lace systems are very comfy to wear ...you honestly can`t even feel the thing a few minutes after attaching.
Finally, just to say that many wearers are very concerned at being `busted`by someone touching their head/hair etc..... the only thing that bothers me is that it looks OK when out in public .... I don`t give a monkey`s any more about an individual`s reaction on a one-to-one situation.....if they have a `problem ` with it, well that`s what it is ..THEIR problem, not yours ..there`s more to me and every other wearer than what`s on top of my head ..... are people who wear dentures looked -on any differently to a person who has all their own teeth ? I was having a bit of a `rant`on-air on a radio station last week about various things to do with the recession and the `state`of the economy..... a few days ago this so -called senator here announced that it`s hard for them to live on their money [they`re on 5 times the average workers wage by the way ] The same guy is seen on TV at times with one of the most horrendous `rugs`stuck to his head --you can spot it from 50 yards !! The presenter asked what I thought of this guy making the statement about their money... I just said ``yeah ..things must be pretty tough for them all right ....he`s the one with the dead cat stuck on his head and obviously can`t afford to replace it `` ... the guy was just laughing but to see this thing...oh my god, it`s probably one of THE original crown -toppers and he`s still got it stuck on....do they ever look in the mirror? I wouldn`t be seen DEAD wearing a thing like that in public. Guys like him give this `game `a really bad name and newbies considering wearing have this vague image in their mind, that they`ll end up looking like that `yoke`......... the very ones who can afford easily to have decent systems, go around looking like he does......the mind boggles ! Thankfully, with Toplace, you don`t have to be mega -rich to look and feel good about yourself again. Rant over !! lol .! Paul.
10-31-2010, 10:53 AM,
Hey Paul, thanks you don't have to tell me anything about that seriously. Big GrinBig Grin I COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT PEOPLE. I just wanna be confident with myself, I wouldn't have any problem in tellin' everybody I wear hair, just want to look GOOD and GO partying and having the possibility to score some chicks Smile, because, from being a nice looking guy with hair, I am actually REALLY ugly in my balding hehe (That's still not appearing because I have long hair and that's helping a bit in these moments NOT FOR SO LONG!!)

Thanks and I appreciate you guys a lot, guys that KNOW that YOU ONLY LIVE ONE and you shouldn't JUST ACCEPT yourself although you look at the mirror and don't like what you see.

Cheers!