Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower density = less knots?
10-28-2010, 07:30 PM,
Lower density = less knots?
Hello! Let me explain myself: My first piece was a 70-75% density and the knots were too much noticeable, I couldn´t show any scalp, or my hairline and be comfortable.
So here´s my question: It´s easier to bleach the knots of a lower density piece, because there are less knots? and... Heavier density pieces have double knots (two or more hairs together) so the knots are bigger?

I´m really comfortable with my density, looks good, but I don´t like the knots, (or maybe I just had bad luck and they weren´t bleached correctly or even bleached at all)

So any of you have noticed if lower densities have less visible knots???
Or it has nothing to do with it?
10-28-2010, 09:13 PM,
RE: Lower density = less knots?
Howdy... this is an area I would be very ignorant of, so just as a matter of pure interest to me I`ll keep an eye on any replies you receive. I`m curious to know what colour is your hair ? I wear `1b` and have never done anything except apply a layer of Knot-sealer when the system is delivered. Is it the case that the hair is a light colour, and the knots are dark ? Thanks, Paul.
10-28-2010, 11:14 PM,
My hair colour is '1b' and the knots are the same colour of the hair, and it´s a TL 500 Lace base, but like I said maybe it was just bad luck.
Also I was thinking ordering TL 300 ILace 'island'---Ilace with 1" of Super Fine Swiss lace around the entire perimeter. I like that you can show your scalp and looks so natural, and with SFS on the front, the hair line most look great.
But I want to know how it feels to touch, it´s more noticeable than an all SFS Lace?
It´s too thick?
And what about hot weather? It get´s too hot?
Will your scalp sweat too much?
Or do you recomend me an all SFS Lace?

Sorry for all the questions, hope someone can give me some advice.
10-29-2010, 05:46 AM,
Hello again angelectrico25. Had a bit more time to read your post just now.. I note too that our colours are same... I assume so, that the knotting of the darker hairs can in some cases be visible and hence the need to bleach, to get them to look more like a skin -colour. I`ve never had an issue of that type strangely enough. I assume you have seen my post on page 5 entitled `New Toplace system - before and after pics`` ... now as most forum readers know, my [Microsoft ] webcam thing is far from great and the pic quality is often `off` but there is one fairly sharp pic there showing the crown area and the show-through and certainly no knots are obvious to the eye ..my density is 50/55% too.
You say the base is TL500 ... had a look at the description of it on the `Style options`page ... the front is Swiss lace and the rest is French .. I`m wondering if the heavier French lace is part of the problem? Just me thinking aloud you know ? I assume you have seen the nice System worn by Reubin on his post on page 4 [`` I -Lace island photos`` ] and you are trying to re -create that style. I have not worn TL300 but reading about it, I would imagine that as it`s 2 very fine layers of light lace, certainly the knot issue will not arise, and in relation to sweating ... you should have no bother there --it`s lace after all and the skin can breath .. I have never found lace to `get too hot`` .. your scalp will sweat in warm weather, but the beauty of lace is you have some chance of it evaporating, and any residue can be either washed away entirely or diluted considerably in the shower ....as opposed to all -poly systems which trap all sorts underneath them. I`m not sure what the new thin -skin is like ..maybe someone who has worn one can let us know as a matter of interest ?
I couldn`t imagine the I -lace being any more detectable to the touch than Swiss ... I`m sorry I can`t be more specific..but hope that some of this will have helped you out ..Paul.
10-29-2010, 02:46 PM,
I would think ti wouldn't be just about having less knots. you might get smaller knots as well. real dense pieces get knotted with huge knots with like multiple hairs coming from the same knot.
10-30-2010, 10:15 AM,
Density has only a negligible affect on bleaching. Color does have an effect. The darker the hair the longer the knots have to be bleached in order to remove the color. Light brown knots are easy to bleach--there's not that much color to bleach. But #1 (jet black) and #1B (off black) are tougher since they need to be bleached longer to get the color out.
11-01-2010, 01:59 AM,
Thanks for the comments!
Paul in Ireland- Like I said, maybe it was just bad luck and the knots weren´t bleached. And yes I´m gonna try the I-Lace 'Island' and I think there´s not going to be any problems. But like Xeon005 says, I also think that pieces with more density have bigger knots because they have multiple hairs coming from the same knot. I just have to decide about the density, if I order a 10% less than the last time (last time was 70%)
Thanks to all!
11-01-2010, 06:06 AM,
I am starting to enjoy less density on my systems. Hair piece hair tends to be a little too thick for me. having a little less density seems to really help me with blending and looking realistic.
11-01-2010, 07:32 AM,
Hi Guys... you have to allow for the fact that the Toplace densities are not equivalent to `others`or maybe you have been wearing systems supplied elsewhere and are used to their ones. The real trick to add realism to your system is to allow for some scalp show -through, so obviously, the way to achieve that is to `go easy`with your specification in regards to the density.
Basically, Toplace densities are approximately : Light -50/5%, Medium -60/5%, Medium to Heavy- 70/5% Heavy- 80/90%.
Toplace 40%density is equivalent to 50% on `other` systems, 45%= 60% `others`, 50%=65%, 55% =70%, 60% = 80%, 65%= 85% ,70%=90%, and 75% =100% so as you can see, a lighter Toplace density will be actually giving a heavier amount of hair than what you might plan for. A person wanting a nice amount of show-through, would be happy with a light to medium system or approximately 50 to 60% ..... personally I find 50% quite good, but even if you go a little higher, and find/think it`s a bit much, if you`re careful, you can thin it a little, and there will be some normal thinning over time anyway. I hope that`s of use.. Paul.