Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixing Tear in Polyskin Base
11-19-2010, 06:07 AM,
RE: Fixing Tear in Polyskin Base
Hi Anthony .. been up the walls here yesterday and today so only getting to do a post now.... a few questions / observations. What glue are you using ? You said you got them on E Bay I think? Sounds like a reaction /irritation ..the glues may not be `agreeing`with your skin and you may have to try a different one. You washed the system ..did you leave it dry fully before bonding? If you did, another issue may be that you didn`t allow the glue to `go off ` properly before pressing the system onto it. The irritation [if it is that ]may well be to do with the fact that you left the bond in place too long and sweat/moisture built up under the glue...that`s the main reason I do frequent de/re. In my experience, the best thing to `calm`the redness etc. is `Sudocreme`...it has a drying effect and is very soothing...it`s probably a question of [as you are a new wearer] experimenting a bit with more frequent de/re- bonds, while keeping the scalp clean and fresh...possibly also, try a different glue........it`s more likely to do with the duration of the bond though. Paul.
11-19-2010, 06:43 AM,
thanks very very much paul for the superb reply.
i spent wed in the house as i coudnt go out with the front lace sticking up.
and i never wear hats,
and i detest being indoors allday.
anyway today thurs,18 i had a hell of a job not so much the bond. but cleaning the dam glue from the lace,i tried doing it while bonded on my head,just the front lace,and thought sodd it so took the system off without alchol,to avoid irritation. i watched a video on u tube last night, i dont have any specific solvent remover so used washing up liquid on the lace , soaked it in warm water which helped get ridd of the white glue in the lace.
then washed with a little shampoo, sprayed a tiny amout of leave in conditioner, and dried
on med heat.(never max)
i could see alot less white glue on the lace thank god,
bonded without alchol, as my scalp wasent really oily from prev bond.
and didnt dare risk anymore irritant.
anyway got the front hair line to far forward so had to slowly peel off, and reattach
bingo.
and i'll tell you what, after all the anxiety of not being able to wear my peice,
"what a comfort"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!when it was on and bonded.
i felt Exillerated,even as i type this im so happy.
once i crack the cleaning the glue after a debond,i rekon im nearly over the hurdle, and onto a run.
and i love my hair,
one life once chance to look youre best.
and no more the spectar male pattern baldness hovering over me.
anyone reading this considering wearing, dont hesitate.its like turning back the clock 20+ years.
you'll feel like a million follicles. superb fantastic,ohh btw did i mention i enjoy it, lol
11-19-2010, 10:04 AM,
I`d be very very wary of using anything like washing-up liquid on a system ... it might affect the knots at the very least. I`m surprised you have no glue solvents..you need them ..they are essential in any wearers `armoury` . I find when I use lace -release, the lace releases very easily from the glue and there`s hardly any residue on the lace...it`s all on the scalp. I`m using Tracksafe --maybe it`s just the way Tracksafe `behaves`compared to other adhesives, but I`m not totally sure, as I haven`t used other glues as yet. Paul.
11-19-2010, 10:26 AM,
cheers paul, i ordered of e bay yesterday, im not going through that night mare clean up again,
without the right kitt.
iv ordered 1) Lace Release spray Lace Wigs & Toupees 4oz. LARGE SIZE
Walker's 1)C22 Solvent 4oz Spray for Lace Wigs & Toupees
iv got glue,
got got2bglued white gell which i also use if i run out, and is great for touch ups.
enjoying having a full head of hair that easy to style.
once again thanks for the input,chers anty
found the video of the guy using dish washing liquid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5c7Cfa5JtQ