Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your favorite way to attach/remove
10-27-2010, 02:53 PM,
Whats your favorite way to attach/remove
Just curious what everyones favorite way to attach is. If you have a favorite tape, or glue, or recommendation, would be cool to hear about it.

My favorite attachment in recent times has been Got2b glued for the base, and a small layer of white glue for the front hairline. but not the entire hairline. The templare areas/flaps and side edges i still used got2b. But for the front center glue or tape gives me the best hold. It gives me a solid four or five + days, and is super easy to apply and remove. After years of waring, you just want to find the most convenient option and not have to go thru a fuss.. I think that is why many guys want to wear a month at a time. But i rather change more frequently. Just feels better for me.
10-27-2010, 05:59 PM,
RE: Whats your favorite way to attach/remove
Hi Xeon005...... I hope you won`t mind me adding a little `clarification` to your post for new forum -browsers and maybe those not living in USA where a large range of hair care products would be more commonly available. Just in case any confusion arises in the minds of anyone considering, what adhesives etc. to use for their first attachment....... `` Got2b glued`` is a normal every-day styling gel which many wearers have found acts as a great product for bonding a system to the head...... `officially` it`s a hair-styling gel available widely in shops, but some ingenious wearers have found it works great to hold a system in place, while washing out easily when required. The `white`glue that Xeon005 refers to, is the normal system glue designed specifically for hair systems. If you `Google` got2b glued, there are some reports on the product...... I haven`t seen it in Ireland, and would be interested to try it..... have a Brother living in Boston ...might ask him to pop a sample in the post for me !! Hope you didn`t mind me adding that ..... just that some readers might be confused when the word `glue`is used. Regards, Paul.
10-27-2010, 08:24 PM,
regards the front hairline, is it correct that,sfsl is pretty hard when its new,
as my front hairline is not in contact with my skin,it would lift to the the touch.
iv been to the salon for two free frontal touch ups as my supplies from eb ay havent yett arrived.(last touch up 26/10/
anyway iv ordered a skin system aswell ,not because of the lace,but just to have a second one,for my peace of mind,
i origionally ordrered a skin system, but the salon got me a lace front and poly back to try the best of both words.
to be fair my hairdreser didnt push it, and honestly seid,dont order one, i dont want you wasting youre money,by that comment she meant, i'd be so taken with skin(98% of her customers prefer it)that i woudnt wear my lace system,and that it would be £200 wasted. well not totally wasted imo,
does anyone get a really nailed down hold at the front hairline,with the hairline exposed?, ofcourse you do or you woudnt wear.

**advice from the hairdresser 25 yrs experiance & from a womans point of view***
if you dont want woman running there fingers through youre hair, use gell or moose on it,
and she assures me as a woman, we wont mess it up,
you can tell usually when hairs gelled and fixed in place so youre gona know it cant be ruffled or messed or ran through with fingers.

one customer seid to his long term girlfreind he had exma,so shed avoid touchinh his scalp.

avoid playing with or trying to press the lace down at the front.
as youre introuducing oils onto it, unless you wash youre hands before doing it.
just little titbitts i pick up on my salon visits.
p.s!!!! noi more bad hair days, it'll be two weeks tommorow.
cant beleive its so easy.
having seid that i havent done a full detatchmemt yett,or hairline touch up.
regards to all who know the set free feeling of wearing,
anty Smile
10-28-2010, 02:11 AM,
All super tape full frontal exposure. 99 to release.
Simple, efficient and virtually no clean up.
Change once a week.
10-28-2010, 10:04 AM,
Got2b on lace. Twice a week de/re. Used to use supertape for a weekly de/re, but had some sensitivity issues on the sides and back, nothing major. Supertape for front worked very well on a weekly basis. Nothing holds a front hairline like glue, though.
10-28-2010, 10:06 AM,
(10-28-2010, 10:04 AM)mcnash Wrote: Got2b on lace. Twice a week de/re. Used to use supertape for a weekly de/re, but had some sensitivity issues on the sides and back, nothing major. Supertape for front worked very well on a weekly basis. Nothing holds a front hairline like glue, though.

You use tape for the front?
For me its impossible to get it to look invisible.
Granted, I have light density. Only some glue can get it virtually invisible.
Do you comb your hair forward?
10-28-2010, 12:01 PM,
Thanks for the clarification .. I was a little lazy in my post assuming everyone knows what i am talking about. I apologize.

Super tape always gave me a rash. I have used many different tapes without any problems. There is something in that tape that causes skin reactions in a lot of people. I won't use it anymore.

I used to use tape, now that im rusty, I have a hard time getting to hairline to look good. I have all lace piece, poly/lace, all poly, lace/poly. They all have their pro's and cons. I am not sure about the newest type of skins out there. CP got some new skin, toplace has the new generation, etc. haven't tried either of those yet.
10-28-2010, 09:25 PM,
can someone give instructions for got2b glued, application and drying times.
i know about white glue, buts thats specificaly for hairbonding ect.
1)how long have you got to wait till you apply youre system down to the glue.
2)do you apply the same amount as you would for white specific system adhesive.
cheers antySmile
10-29-2010, 09:47 AM,
I don't use tape anymore...
at the front due to invisibility issues because of lighter density in my piece. It held well, though, and a weekly de/re with 99% did not have any clean-up issues. Go any longer, and it's the mirror slide.

About got2b application, search this BB for posts by me, and there is a GREAT explanation by Leamon in the "sticky" section of this BB, which is what got me to try it. Previous to that, Mr. New York did a stress test for got2b, but that is a bit hard to find. On BA hairapparent's bulletin board, there are even earlier posts about it (the site of infamous "Korean hairpieces" that is causing excitement). I've been wearing for 25 years or so, and it is the best glue attachment that I have ever had.
10-29-2010, 11:22 AM,
(10-28-2010, 02:11 AM)Snipe Wrote: All super tape full frontal exposure. 99 to release.
Simple, efficient and virtually no clean up.
Change once a week.
Snipe I do 3mil up front with Walker No shine countours just behind for extra hold and then all of the way around. Once a week release and clean with 99%.

Question: How is the super tape up front? What is your density? Ever used 3-mil up front? Thanks!