Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temple flaps photo
10-27-2010, 08:12 AM,
Temple flaps photo
There was a few guys asking me to show my temple flaps.. sorry for the long delay and not being as active on here as I used to be. This picture doesn't really do it justice, but I been getting the temple flaps pretty decently now. U gotta tweak them and stuff, It takes a little patience and time to get used to them for short hair styles. Usually I try to keep it less dense in this area, It helps with blending for me. But anyway here it is, the side view . I have the wide forehead syndrome, so the flaps help me achieve the style I want.
(10-27-2010, 08:12 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: There was a few guys asking me to show my temple flaps.. sorry for the long delay and not being as active on here as I used to be. This picture doesn't really do it justice, but I been getting the temple flaps pretty decently now. U gotta tweak them and stuff, It takes a little patience and time to get used to them for short hair styles. Usually I try to keep it less dense in this area, It helps with blending for me. But anyway here it is, the side view . I have the wide forehead syndrome, so the flaps help me achieve the style I want.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-31-2010, 02:02 AM,
RE: Temple flaps photo
jeah nice, could you maybe make a foto from the base of your unit? Because i would like to see how you made your template.
10-31-2010, 06:54 AM,
here is the general shape i use. Some units have slight different variation of the temple flaps. this one is a skin perimeter with lace center. .

This is not toplaces newest skin, one of the older skin units.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-31-2010, 05:05 PM,
Hey Xeon

I was surprised to see the underside of your unit. What led you to go for that design, and does it work well for you?

In particular, I had assumed that because of the fineness of the hair temple flaps would always have to be in lace. Is this plastic base fine enough to be undetectable to the touch at the temples?
11-01-2010, 06:09 AM,
I have tried a combo of different materials from all lace, to skin, to combos of both. I haven't had a problem using skin, in fact sometimes for some reason or another it was easier in the temple area. Sometimes I would have trouble hiding the lace being exposed in that area on 'SOME" lace systems. If you do the right attachment, its not really detectable by touch. the skin is thin, it looks thick in this magnification. If you really attach skin right so its a tight bond pressed against the skin, than it feels like skin. Its smooth.
11-03-2010, 12:30 PM,
Hi Xeon005, what´s the density of your piece?
11-05-2010, 06:49 AM,
Honestly I don't even remember, It is an older unit, but still looks good. Units seem to last me a long time because I wear a hat often.
I really cant remember the number. maybe it was 60 percent? I totally forgot. Density is one thing that I never can nail down all the time. It seems to vary from order to order sometimes.
11-13-2010, 09:18 AM,
Interesting. Did you specify vent direction on flaps?
11-18-2010, 05:37 PM,
ive been practicing my template making skills and im really having trouble getting the temples right, can you guys recommend tips on how to do this? its kinda hard when ur used to seeing recession to suddenly want to add some contour from an angle youre really not used to seeing, how much do you guys overlap your own temple side hair line?\

my pics
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=4002
11-28-2010, 08:54 AM,
You have to just make the system go where you would think a natural hairline would go. heres a quick example of how some of mine are. What you do is, draw a hairline that you think fits you best or what you are looking to achieve with a makeup pencil or something on your forehead. If you feel like your forehead is too wide horizontally.. Than make temple flaps above the side temple points with an arc angle that would fit a natural hairline. All you really want to do is try and copy what your hairline would be before it receded.