Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP... A little advice for a newbie please...
10-19-2010, 11:35 AM,
HELP... A little advice for a newbie please...
I am getting my first unit in a couple of weeks. Like most of you I have agonized over my hair loss for years. I don't need to explain what that is like... I am finally going to do something about it, and I am psyched! I have been reading this forum for over a year, and the thing that struck me the most was how open and helpful everyone was. Especially the veterans...

I am starting to get together the things I know I will need, and would appreciate some advice on a few specific items.

1. What is the best Spray in Leave in conditioner with UV protection?

2. What is the best Hairspray? I prefer a medium to firm hold that will last all day.

3. What is the best styling mousse or gel?

Thank you in advance for your help!
10-20-2010, 01:51 AM,
RE: HELP... A little advice for a newbie please...
Hi MusicMan....... can you tell us which country you live in ? Some products are more freely available in certain countries than in others. There are products mentioned here by U.S.citizens, which are not available in Ireland and so on. Have a look at http://www.remysofthair.com -- I did a post last week saying that I have ordered their `` system`` and am still awaiting delivery [it has been despatched ] --JRob had a big hand in the creation of these products. They may be a bit on the expensive side compared to products you can /could buy in a drug store, but I`m hoping they will be superior. I also posted pics a few nights ago of a gel I have used before, with no ill -effect on the system. I don`t use hair spray but hopefully someone who does, can give some advice here.Have a look at the post `` chemically straightening hair`` where I have posted pics of the conditioner I use, and the Lòreal gel. Hope some other wearers can chip in here to advise you too... Paul.
10-20-2010, 02:34 AM,
Thank you Paul... I live in the US. I'll take a look at the link you suggested. Many thanks!
10-20-2010, 07:53 AM,
(10-20-2010, 02:34 AM)MusicMan Wrote: Thank you Paul... I live in the US. I'll take a look at the link you suggested. Many thanks!

I don't use much product when I style my hair.
I have a spray bottle that is full of water. I squirt some conditioner for color treated hair (biolage).
Spray all over my hair and then style.
Too much product builds up and then your hair will look dirty/greasy.
10-20-2010, 08:58 AM,
dont use much products myself, but when I de/ re-attach I always put in some Fudge light-medium definition wax, just to make it a little dirty and more manageable. Dirty hair is more manageable. I don't add much cause it would look too greasy then. Sometimes, when I want to go for the wet/gel look, I use Tresemme Hair Mousse (Jojoba oil), very very very good... but don't over do it. I don't like to shampoo my hair too frequently but if too much product builds up, you'll have to wash it.
10-20-2010, 10:05 AM,
This is all very helpful. Keep the advice coming! Thanks