Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
contour shape adding recession
10-19-2010, 09:22 AM,
contour shape adding recession
hey all i was wondering if i can add more recession into my system and how i would go about it , i ordered a system and had it cut in but i feel i dont have enough recession in the new one ,and im currently wearing an old piece which i have had for a long time and it has recessed after weariing it for a long time and changing into the new one would be too noticeable i feel , and im really eager to change to the new one,can i do anything Smileor will i have to reorder ?? also this new one is a cc countur i think so what would be the contour down from this one to go for is it A ?
all your help would be apreciated Smile
thanks
10-20-2010, 02:05 AM,
RE: contour shape adding recession
Hello ukhair79 ... maybe JRob could best advise you as he has taken scissors to his systems before to re -shape them !! He cut one into a mohawk for a party and it looked great ! LOL !
I`d be afraid to re -shape mine unless I had a spare standing by in case of a disaster..... I guess it can be done, especially knowing that stock systems are often trimmed at the perimeter before being cut -in, but personally, I wouldn`t chance it on my own systems --not saying you shouldn`t or that it`s a big no -no, just I`d be afraid I`d make a hames of it and ruin the piece totally. I wonder would you be better off to order a new system first, while `nursing`your old system along while waiting, then when it`s delivered, you could chance re -shaping it --at least if it goes wrong you`ll have the newly -delivered one to fall back on. If it goes well, you`ll have 2 good systems to swop between ,and you`ll have gained some new valuable experience. Paul.
10-20-2010, 05:58 AM,
RE: contour shape adding recession
i'v just been back to my one person salon, and requested more reccesion be made at the front hairline, widows peak,she used a razor and just cut into the lace.
golden rule as with real hair , dont overdue it, as you cant put it back on,if you want reccesion just underdo it rather tha the other way.
im by no means a expert,im not even a full week into hair wearing.
hairdresser seid my systems lace front, and i asked well how long will it last, i seid im not really into sports blahh blahh, pretty boring lifestyle, lol,she rekoned about a year.
and seid i'm not going to sell you another one , till that one nearly wears out.
reason was!i wanted to try a skin system,she rekons i woudnt wear my lace system again once i tried skin so the money i spent on the lace system might be wasted.
i asked her to touch rebond the front hairline.
it bwas lifting slightly as the lace is hard with it being a new system, but was assured it will soften over time.
touch up was pretty quick , cleaned area with alchol, 4 mins for white glue to just turn clear, not all clear but just as its turning. then done/
so far so wonderfull.
made the mistake of tapping some of my olde nano fibers concealer onto the system to darken the grey(silly boy)bigg draw back the transparent lace gridd was coloured brown and visible to , well my eagle eye, hopefully it will return transparent on first wash.
great thing i suppose about seeing a salon, is the advice,
the other persons opinion, what i thought i needed colour wise ,ect i was way off, pleased i didnt do it alone.