Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PUTTING ON A FULL CAP
10-17-2010, 02:25 AM,
PUTTING ON A FULL CAP
Here is a question for experienced full cap wearers, what is the best way to actually put a full cap on your head? I have recently started to wear full caps and see the potential and should have done it a long time ago but I have a real problem lining it up to put on my head as there is just so much more "piece" to deal with. Should you put it on from front to back, back to front? what is the best way that you have found?

Thank you for your answers
10-17-2010, 04:19 AM,
RE: PUTTING ON A FULL CAP
Back when I was wearing partial units I had a hard time getting a consistent attachment. I attached from front to back, and inevitably the unit would end up a bit off center or too far forward or back most of the time.

When I switched to a full cap I began attaching from the back to the front which allows me to get an accurate attachment 98% of the time.

I attribute this to the fact that when I attach the back first, it gives me a long, straight attachment point that "anchors" the unit to my head and doesn't allow much room for the attachment to go off course.

All you have to do for this sort of attachment is to apply tape to the nape of the full cap, place it on your head, line it up exactly where you want it, then flip up the back and remove the tape liner before pressing the tape onto your scalp. As long as the full cap doesn't move around while you are flipping up the back edge for your attachment, it is very easy to flip the unit back onto your head and mark your hairline and temples in the front for your glue line.

Once that is done flip the unit back off of your head and let it hang from the nape. At this point it looks kind of funny having this thing hanging off of your head, but fortunately no one is judging you for style points so don't sweat it Wink

At this point I apply tape liberally to my scalp to give a strong attachment and to keep the unit from sliding around on my head and irritating my scalp. I apply glue to the hairline, temples, and either glue or tape above my ears. When the glue is dry I slowly roll the unit back onto my head, working from the center outward to avoid wrinkles. When I get the unit to the top of my head, right before it wants to flip down onto the temples and hairline area, I stop.

Next I grab my spray bottle and mist my exposed scalp with alcohol or lace release, then I quickly flip the hairline down and use my thumbs to line it up with the glue line. Once the hairline is in place I flip the temples down and use my thumbs again to feel for proper placement. If anything is out of whack I have a minute or so to reposition before the alcohol evaporates and the glue begins to set.
10-17-2010, 05:53 AM,
Great advice as usual JRob , and easy -to -understand too. Paul.
10-18-2010, 01:03 AM,
Thank you very much for that detailed reply JRob, very informative and very much appreciated. Am I right in saying you have a full cap DVD?
10-18-2010, 03:16 AM,
(10-18-2010, 01:03 AM)R.F.C. Wrote: Thank you very much for that detailed reply JRob, very informative and very much appreciated. Am I right in saying you have a full cap DVD?

He's been promising that for well over a year with more excuses than a 10 year old. Smile

"Vapor wear" .....

Smile
Fred
10-18-2010, 06:36 AM,
(10-18-2010, 03:16 AM)FredTJ Wrote: He's been promising that for well over a year with more excuses than a 10 year old. Smile

Guilty as charged Sad

All I can say is that despite many setbacks, it is still in active production and is close to completion. Part of the reason why it has taken so long was due to factors outside of my control, and part of it due to time constraints with my schedule, but I think once you see the production quality (it's more than just me walking through the process on camera) it will explain why this has been such a huge project to tackle.

I'm waiting on a few items to be able to wrap up production, but I am already at the point where I have completed the cover art for the DVD case and the disc itself, so we are really, really close.
10-19-2010, 12:36 AM,
Well keep us posted and advise when/where we can get copies. I see a bright future in Hollywood beckoning !!! LOL ! Paul.
10-25-2010, 12:07 AM,
(10-17-2010, 02:25 AM)R.F.C. Wrote: Here is a question for experienced full cap wearers, what is the best way to actually put a full cap on your head? I have recently started to wear full caps and see the potential and should have done it a long time ago but I have a real problem lining it up to put on my head as there is just so much more "piece" to deal with. Should you put it on from front to back, back to front? what is the best way that you have found?

Thank you for your answers

The way I do mine is blue liner on the nap section of actual wig. no shine tape from where the blue liner finishes up along ear section also on the wig. overlapping the tape onto the actual hair about 2mm. then sections of no shine sparaticaly over my scalp. then peel off the backing tape of one piece of the no shine the closest to the forehead, put wig on, straighten as needed. press down a fair bit. flip the wig forward, remove backing tape from rest of the no shine tape on scalp. put wig back down. press. peel off backing strips from tape that was placed on nape and ear areas. press down. take a lip defining pencil. mark little dots along front hairline, pin it back, rub marks so they are only just visible. apply glue of choice. put hairline section back down and presto.