Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little idea / suggestion
10-16-2010, 11:27 PM,
A little idea / suggestion
Hi everyone, been giving an issue some thought today and had this idea which some people waiting on their first order might like to consider and try -- I`d be very interested to know if it was practical, and most importantly, was it helpful to you? The first practical `problem`for a person is , how do I shave off the thin hair accurately without going `overboard` and shaving too much ? Your system hair arrives with hair that is 6 inches long, so it`s hard to see what you`re doing if you sit it on top of your head. It can be a worry unless you have either a person to help you or your stylist --some stylists might be a little wary of it too --especially if they have not been used to it [there`s really not a lot to it but you know how some people might be a bit nervous with some new scenario ] The stylist might be brilliant at cutting and styling, but cautious of positioning the system and marking the scalp with a pencil [an eyebrow pencil is best for it by the way] as it`s not something they do every day.
OK --now to the detail : When your system is packed, it is sat onto a clear PVC template, and a very light hair-net is wrapped around the whole thing, to hold it in place. You will normally find the template thing dislodged from being thrown around in transit. You just discard both the net and the plastic template anyway.
Normally [ but not always] the template is either approximately the size of your system or maybe slightly bigger [ but not an exact shape --- it`s simply a `standard`item they use to help keep your system in reasonable shape during transit ] Before you discard this plastic template, sit your system, upside-down or lace-side up, on a table and place the template into it, so that it`s not higher on one side than the other [ trying to keep this simple but if your system is,let`s say, 8 inches across, and the template thing is 9 inches, well you should allow half an inch of template above the perimeter of your system on either side] Mark the template with a black marker to the size of your system, remove it and trim off the excess plastic --in other words, make the template thing `fit`your system more accurately.You can then sit the plastic template onto your head --- move it forward/backward, side to side etc. until you are happy that you have it in the correct position i.e. in exactly the position where your system will be sitting/adhered to your scalp. You can then easily just work your way around the perimeter with an eyebrow pencil, marking accurately the outline onto your scalp ---that will be the boundary line of where you will shave inwards from. It can be very hard --- with an un-cut system sitting on top of you head--- to see accurately where to mark the scalp, and the big fear is that you might have it on slightly crooked or askew, and then you shave the wrong area. By just using that clear plastic template as an aid, it should help a lot to make the job much easier to do. It can be very helpful if you arrive into the stylist`s premises, with that work already done [just pop a baseball cap on for the journey in there, to cover the bare scalp]
I hope I wasn`t too complicated there --it`s just a simple little idea.......sometimes trying describe things in words without a photograph makes it sound like an ordeal . Would be pleased with any feed-back from anyone -- any merit in the idea ? --best regards to everyone on the forum... Paul.
10-17-2010, 02:47 AM,
RE: A little idea / suggestion
hi Paul,

hmmm... sounds like a good trick! I'll definitely give it a go and let you know how it goes. I don't go to a stylist, so working on your backside is a bigger problem having to hold mirrors and trying to accurately draw a line on your scalp... and with the system's untrimmed hair, it proves challenging sometimes. When I received my first order, I went overboard shaving way too much, the unit didn't cover the area lol, so I had to use concealers until it grew back, I was pretty concerned of course.

Having received my second order, with a bigger base this time, I'll have to do it again, so I will definitely try your idea in the hope I don't go overboard this time.

My problem is that hair grows way too quickly and therefore I am having to have to do the pencil markings everytime I detach to guide me shave my hair to the size I want to. When I detach, the tape stays on my head, so I generally use those as a rough idea up to where i want to shave... but its not always too successfully, and very rough as well. Will let you know how it goes.
10-17-2010, 06:01 AM,
RE: A little idea / suggestion
Hopefully that idea will be practical -- I reckon the main thing would be to locate your front hairline point, and obviously, you instantly have your rear end-point as the thing is plastic and will not stretch or move. Another little trick might be to apply a little tape just at the front --a small little strip -- and that will help prevent the thing from inadvertently slipping back a bit ---you`d be surprised how even half and inch `out` when positioning a system can make the whole thing look `odd`. Hopefully it will be a practical and easy aid for people to mark out the area to be shaved --- let me know how it goes mrjoejohn, and anyone else who tries it out -- I`ve never done it myself but it just occurred to me this morning for some reason -- hope it`s a help anyway. Paul.