Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do toppers take away the fear of progressive loss?
09-21-2009, 11:57 AM,
Do toppers take away the fear of progressive loss?
I believe that even if i got a transplant, i'd still be a little "noid" about future loss.

I'm just wondering if getting a toplace settles that subtle fear a little bit. I've had it since twenty and at twenty five, i feel like it's something I could get used to giving up.

Anybody grow less weary from their purchases?
09-21-2009, 01:02 PM,
Re: Do toppers take away the fear of progressive loss?
When you get a hairsystem, your entire focus is shifted from fear of progressing hairloss to just being totally amazed that you have a full head of hair!! Your focus shifts and you spend less time and energy worrying about future loss.

After the initial 2 or 3 honey moon years wearing a piece, it would appear that some people worry a little about the sides and eyebrows going (depending on how thin they are), but personally I just don't worry about it because I'd just get a full cap and some eyebrow thickeners if that ever happens. The full cap seems to be a good solution for many though, so... I actually don't see any reasons why the fear or progressive hairloss should continue at all...

A hair system is the ultimate long term solution. The fear ends right there, as soon as you get one!
09-23-2009, 04:15 AM,
well said, Mr. Burns!!
09-23-2009, 04:57 AM,
I agree, sometimes when you still have hair, you will be torn between the hope that the hair will grow back and just going for a piece. But in the meantime, you are stuck with a half-f**ked hairstyle.

The best decision i made was to just do it and start wearing. I used to stress every night about whether my hair will grow back or continue falling. But now.... no worries man. haha
09-23-2009, 05:09 AM,
Although I do not currently wear, I'm coming around on the idea for exactly this reason...I have spent countless hours and countless dollars worrying about losing my hair. Would be nice not to have to think about it anymore.
09-23-2009, 10:55 AM,
well the answer is not yes or no, but maybe, and also to what extent. Obviously your worry about losing your hair kind of goes away when you are wearing a hair system, because you are solving your problem, and not worrying about it. That being said, it also depends on the type of hairloss you have. The more real hair you have, the easier wearing hair can be. in my opinion. Some people disagree. However, If you have great sides and nice temples. There might be a point where you will worry about how far you are actually going to recede, and if you eventually need a full cap piece etc. My goal with hair wearing is that i will use whatever hair i can for as long as i can, that is why i wore a small front partial for like 2 years. So the hair i still lose now it is a concern for me, but not was big as it used to be before wearing thats for sure