Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hairstyle question
10-16-2010, 08:05 PM,
Hairstyle question
Hey guys, been reading the forum for a while now. Looking at getting a frontal partial for my receding hairline asap.

Just a quick question, in the picture i have posted, i love this style of hair. My hair is probably the same as slight wave, i always wash my hair every morning and blow dry it on cool until its dry, and semi straighten it with a hair straightener. I know my hair wont be exactly like the picture because its not as straight when natural (id be happy with that style even if its not as straight) what specs would i need? would Freestyle and say 70-75% be able to acheive something similar to this?

Any help would be very much appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-16-2010, 08:50 PM,
RE: Hairstyle question
let me offer you some advice about youre washing routine every morning(its youre choice ofcourse)but why not leave the front styed fixed in place with fixing spray or whatever you use and just restyle the back and sides,after all you dont sleep on youre face,front.
i used to do that 10+ years ago , wash my hair every morning,then i realised years later , why?
i just left my style in place at the front and styled the back and sides messed up from sleeping.
youll save yourself alot of time,andprob only need wash youre hair once a week or even up to every two weeks.freshy washed hair is allways harder to style,beleive it or not so called dirty hair is easier to style as its got alot of natural oils still in it and possibly product build up.
but as long as it dosent look dirty dirty dirty, youre just making life harder washing every morning specialy with receding hair.
actually im new to wearing iv got a hair system on just like this one. similar spiked pushed forward style.
very breifly my hair is slight wave(but if you order it straight you cant get any bend in it and it ends up like chinease so called poker hair just sticks up)
im wearing a partial or topper, from the to the crown.
post up a pic with youre face masked out and the experts here will guide you through,
bcause there bloody good at this.
regards anty
again its youre choicke just a suggestion.
from someone who used to endure that routine,
10-17-2010, 12:40 PM,
Hi antywanty, thanks for the advice and reply. The reason i wash my hair each day is a few reasons, 1 my hair gets pretty oily overnight and i dont like it when i wake up, for some reason it looks much better washed then styled. 2. because its been receding for years and has been slowly getting worse when its clean i get more volume because i completely cover my hairline by having a forward medium length hairstyle to hide that its receding.
But you are right, and if im wearing a partial to fill in the recession i may not need to wash it as frequent as i wont have to style my hair so that its covering my hairline, I will post up a picture later today and see what you think. Cheers!
10-17-2010, 09:19 PM,
Hi Hairlosssucks, The issue you describe there- oily overnight hair looking normal again when washed and styled in the morning has been my issue too, for a long time. That`s the reason I do a light bond and nightly de-bond -- don`t want to be washing system hair daily. I`m in the position now, that my own is so thin-looking in the morning before I wash it, I`m thinking of going full -cap ---just tired of this daily effort with my own hair. Am giving it some thought and have been for a while. Today, I`m going to sit down and read through the whole process, from Template to bonding, in some articles i`ve printed off.....been too busy to do so until today.Paul.
10-17-2010, 10:56 PM,
(10-17-2010, 09:19 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi Hairlosssucks, The issue you describe there- oily overnight hair looking normal again when washed and styled in the morning has been my issue too, for a long time. That`s the reason I do a light bond and nightly de-bond -- don`t want to be washing system hair daily. I`m in the position now, that my own is so thin-looking in the morning before I wash it, I`m thinking of going full -cap ---just tired of this daily effort with my own hair. Am giving it some thought and have been for a while. Today, I`m going to sit down and read through the whole process, from Template to bonding, in some articles i`ve printed off.....been too busy to do so until today.Paul.

Hi Paul, yeh it sucks hey! Although i dont mind washing my hair everyday the part that sucks is that my hairline is diminishing by the day, im only 23 and it has sapped every single ounce of confidence and is draining my happiness and youth at the same time to the point where a partial is now an absolute definate. I need my life back and most of all i need to be myself again. Its like im trapped in a cage, i want to go out and be active and live life to the full but my hairloss just takes it out of me. i know it will be a task in itself to work wearing a piece into my life, but by god its gotta be better having a full head of hair to style instead of trying to style your hair a certain way just to cover up hair thats no longer there!@

Thats unfortunate about the rest of your hair being so thin, Wish you all the luck if you go to a full cap. Im sure if you get one you will love it as your full cap can be as thick and long or short and in any style you desire!