Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a solution
10-11-2010, 10:50 AM,
a solution
Ok...I ordered some tapes and some other stuffs to get use with these before to order a hairpiece...It was my first contact with tapes...and I found them very sticky and strong ...So I put a piece of tape on my hand and then I applied some 99% alcohol and I've noticed that the tapes is loosing its stickness on the side where the lace should be...but how do you release the tape on the side where is the bond with the skin? just simply drag the the tape? because If I will do that I will get surely traction alopecia because I still have lots of hair on my top... yea I know I will shave my hair but in 5 days it will grow a bit!
10-11-2010, 11:50 AM,
RE: a solution
(10-11-2010, 10:50 AM)andrei_eremenko Wrote: Ok...I ordered some tapes and some other stuffs to get use with these before to order a hairpiece...It was my first contact with tapes...and I found them very sticky and strong ...So I put a piece of tape on my hand and then I applied some 99% alcohol and I've noticed that the tapes is loosing its stickness on the side where the lace should be...but how do you release the tape on the side where is the bond with the skin? just simply drag the the tape? because If I will do that I will get surely traction alopecia because I still have lots of hair on my top... yea I know I will shave my hair but in 5 days it will grow a bit!

Well, you're not saying what kind of tape you tried.

At any rate, the tape won't be as tight at the end of
5 days or so as it is now.

Simply lift an edge up with a pair of tweezers or something
similar and then spray a little alcohol or lace release under the
edge and simply work your way around.

Some tapes, like StickIt in particular, release almost instantly
with 99% alcohol. NRT tape is similar.

Fred
10-11-2010, 10:04 PM,
I have tried super tape and walkers no shine! walkers seems better it looks stronger , thinner and has less shine!
10-12-2010, 09:54 AM,
(10-11-2010, 10:04 PM)andrei_eremenko Wrote: I have tried super tape and walkers no shine! walkers seems better it looks stronger , thinner and has less shine!

Are you sure?

I have only used Supertape and Walker No Shine, and in my experience, Supertape is definitely stronger! I am inclined to think Supertape is slightly thinner as well. Not pretty sure but it is only millimetrical anyway.

I have found Supertape the definite option for me. Kinda like Blue tape (very strong) but less messy to clean. I have gone successfully 3 weeks with a strong bond, gone swimming etc.

In three weeks, my hair grows back underneath, and the tape sticks to the hairs in an unbelievably strong way, it hurts to take it off. But, you want something at the cost of other things I presume. Me, I'd rather have a strong safe bond than worry about traction alopecia. In that case, I can always cover it with a larger base when it gets noticeable.

If you use plenty of lace release (I recommend the C22 Walkers lace release) you should be fine.
10-12-2010, 10:52 AM,
yea....I am sure...I tested both tapes...and the walkers seems way much stronger...I tested that on my hand...I am not using a wig right now!
maybe it is different supertape? where are you getting yours? btw I have fixed my problem...using isopropylic alcohol just put a bit of it under the edge of the tape and with a little piece of cotton just push it slowly and slowly and the tape will release really easy so you can not pull out not even one hair!
10-12-2010, 11:03 AM,
of course if you werent using alcohol/ lace release, than the tape will be a pain to release Big Grin

I am not questioning the strength of walkers no shine... I've used it forever and played football with walker no shine tape attachments. I have found that however, in a week or so, the bond is not the same... it kinda loses its strength.

with supertape, its the same as in day 1.

i buy my supertape from ebay... cause shipping from the US to europe is somewhat expensive.