Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Korean stock piece scam- beware
10-20-2010, 08:21 AM,
RE: Korean stock piece scam- beware
I see a certain individual who sells Korean pieces is getting rather annoyed with one of his loyal customers for having the nerve to request decent customer service ... I think the wheels are coming off the wagon
10-20-2010, 10:38 PM,
Latest update
After nearly 2 months
I finally received a replacement.
This one is what my original shoulda been.
Density spot on and nice hairline.
It looks good.
Wish I had this one from the beginning.
Just thought Id give you guys an honest update.
10-20-2010, 11:08 PM,
I`m delighted for you ---it must have been just a total nightmare --something NO hair -wearer wants to ever have to suffer. Getting a new proper system does not take away the humiliation you suffered of having everyone asking questions etc.... I really hope you can put it all behind you now and settle down...best regards phoenix.... Paul.
10-21-2010, 10:27 AM,
Thanks for the support Paul and all you guys here!
10-27-2010, 01:54 AM,
The "korean" pieces have gotten better, I am not advertising the other site. (I buy here under a different name) who cares where you buy as long as its good. buy here, if it's better for you.

bashing other sites for their mistakes is disingenuous. ALL sites including toplace have screwups...

But honestly i just came here to laugh at the "lawyer" talk, the guy who said he is a lawyer? BS, he's not a lawyer, if he were he'd know there was no legal merit for a lawsuit. he's pulling your chain and that's as bad as a bad wig seller.

1. Stuff happens, one piece doesn't a lawsuit make.
Does this "lawyer" know nothing about retail? you complain, ask for a new one, ask for money back.

2. the seller doesn't leave guys high and dry and from what i know he had a few issues at fiurst but straightened them out, I heard he had a family issue, who knows, the toplace guy here should be ashamed of himself.. they were friends once now it's ok to bash him personally?

3. there is no burden on the seller to provide you with "cover" in case a hair system fails to look good. A seller is also not responsible for your mental well being. It is your decision to put on a wig good or bad. it's also the wearers responsibility to have a backup... if the glue didn't hold and it came flying off when in a convertable would you sue the glue company?

right...

4. again, the guy shoulda gone back and demanded a refund and a new piece. if he didd great, if not shame on him.

being busted sucks for sure but it is a wearers responsibility to be prepared for not only the potential of being busted but doing everything he can to have a backup plan. if you are going to wear a wig, you should know and prepare for this potential mishap.

Note this is a bad situation and I am only commenting on the "lawyer" and "sue them" talk. not the emotional toll (I feel bad for him)

but the lawsuit talk...it's ridiculous.
again, I am not bashin phoenix13
only the lawyer crap.

also now that phoenix13 has received a good unit, should the thread title be amended? after all, it sounds like he got bad piece and now a good one.. where is the scam?
10-27-2010, 04:22 AM,
I assume you are talking about me. I can assure you I am a lawyer, and a good one. My clients are willing to pay over US$1000 an hour for my advice.

Wigs are sold on the same conditions as any other consumer product: they have to be fit for purpose and of merchantable quality. If not, and the purchaser suffers loss, he can sue to get compensation for that loss. No allowance is made for the fact the vendor has "a family issue", or that "all sites have screw ups": this is business we're taking about. The purchaser is not obliged to give the vendor a second chance, nor is he obliged to accept his money back if his loss is greater than the purchase price. It is not the buyer's responsibility to have a back-up plan or a second piece, although if the buyer fails to do what is reasonable to mitigate his loss then that may limit the compensation he can recover.

In short, you don't appear to know what the Hell you're talking about.
10-27-2010, 06:59 AM,
I`d just like to ask JohnD about his comment at point 2 above........ You state that `` The Toplace guy here should be ashamed of himself ---they were friends once and now it`s ok to bash him personally`` .........where exactly did you see John leaving any comment on this thread ? I have gone through the 4 pages of it and have seen no posts by Toplace [which is John ] commenting on the topic whatsoever...... as for the Lawyer chap---Baldrich -- was merely offering some professional advice to a person who was obviously distraught and frustrated and I think it was very nice and generous of him. You are, obviously, entitled to an opinion, but the tone of that post leaves a lot to be desired. Paul.
10-27-2010, 08:18 AM,
It depends on the forum rules here, If everyone is free to give positive / and negative feedback, than people can so whatever they want to about anyone. It all depends on the rules of the board. I guess I have to go read the rules! lol
12-14-2010, 12:21 PM,
The Korean exchange offer is still running. We've had a great response to this offer. Keep 'um coming.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
12-19-2010, 04:45 PM,
(10-10-2010, 09:52 PM)antywanty Wrote: unless there packed by robots,who the hell put this in a bag and despatched it.
bloody ell, no excuses.
what compounds the situation is no one wants to rectify the problem.
and youre out of pocket.
lesson learned.
"toplace rules by pure quality and reputation"
and hey with a user forum like this its quality all the way.

I too agree ...I got a korean piece from BA and the piece sheds super fast and there is no way I can hide my lace .....it looks very good for 2-3 days then sheds like hell after a week .....very bad korean piece