Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Korean stock piece scam- beware
10-10-2010, 11:03 PM,
RE: Korean stock piece scam- beware
I had a similar experience with a Korean Stock,the piece shed unbelievably in a couple of weeks.The quality of hair in these pieces is crap,and I was left high and dry waiting for a replacement which took over 2 months to arrive despite many promises that it was going in the post.Of course the replacement piece isn't any good either.It's not a 65% as I requested and it's flatback rather than freestyle.I haven't cut it in as I don't believe I can hide the lace wearing a flatback
Unfortunately I've learned my lesson the hard way again with custom orders "going missing" in the post.I'm over $400 lighter for the trouble.No doubt we will be referred to as Trolls for posting our experiences but I'm so pissed off with being messed about.So if you are thinking of ordering one of these "superior pieces" you have been warned
10-11-2010, 12:47 AM,
Yep Well it was already very sparse in those areas so yes even with 2 applications of knot sesler, the thing ended up looking like this a mere 2 weeks or so later...very distressing believe you me.
What I dont understand is why he allows this kind of shoddy workmanship from the factory,
He should be able to understand density issues and quality work since hes been in the business for so long.
Yet it seems hes receiving so many complaints from disatisfied customers now, why quality control to a decent degree wad never imemented on the stock pieces is beyond me.
10-11-2010, 01:07 AM,
Company will surley go down the tubes.
Not the ideal bussiness model.upset youre customers and don't swiftly offer to resolve the situation.
Ofcourse you'd be bloody angry.and with good reason.
Trying to think or offer something that hasn't already been seid but unfortunately I can't.
Once bitten twice shy.
You won't make that mistake again.
Ant
10-11-2010, 01:13 AM,
Hi phoenix13 -- well with this kind of picture evidence and negative commentary from people, I can`t see that the future is very bright for that company, whoever they are. Of ALL things you have to be `` fussy`` with, it`s hair systems, for obvious reasons. It`s almost like cosmetic surgery --people consider it for a while before deciding it`s something that will help change something about their appearance which they are unhappy with...... hair wearers, either existing or prospective, wear and want to wear in order to improve their appearance ---- they definitely do not want to end up looking like something a farmer would use out in a field to scare off crows !!!!! The difference between companies supplying cosmetic products [ such as hair systems] and an actual surgeon doing a procedure on a person, is that the surgeon has to be registered with medical authorities and legal action can be taken to secure monetary refunds/ compensation if a person is not happy with the results of a procedure, but when people are scattered all over the world, and buy goods on line from ANY company, you have to take a certain amount of `risk` -- it would appear to me, anyway, that in the case of that company , it will be an up-hill battle to get your money back as you are dealing with cross -border, inter -country transactions and the cost of taking any kind of `` official`` action would most likely exceed the amount of initial outlay on the goods, and is not worth the bother --just put it down to experience, and let it be a lesson to us all, not just you --- I think it`s very commendable and brave of you to post the pics as a warning to everyone to avoid that provider. Long live Toplace !! Cheers, Paul.
10-11-2010, 03:19 AM,
the company is BA- *****! as you all know this! I didn't even order from him...thx God I didn't! I have seen the complains and the poor quality just from pictures! and when I was writting on the forum that he has issues with the hair sistems...that guy that is owner and his employers eric and some others has started to bite my ass...calling me troller...and every other guy that had problems was a troll too!now he banned the the forum and the post are moderated now ...so that forum is just milk and honey...only happiness...with happy wearers...this is not how a business should work! I bet he will lose a lot of customers because of his products and his attitude!
10-11-2010, 03:49 AM,
Im not going to reveal the actual company yet Andrei due to the possibility I may be seeking compensation via legal means. So lets not be hasty in guessing by dropping names yet.
Having said that, I agree with you Andrei.
I will keep you guys posted on whether that company finally delivers a replacement
And what the outcome may be.
Definitely a case of once bitten twice shy.
Ive been left traumatised over the whole thing.
Friends, family and workmates have all busted me as a wearer because of this shoddy piece. Its been stressful beyond words, absolutely humiliating.
I will finally have money at the end of the month to order from toplace.
And thats where all my orders will be placed from now on.
Ive learnt my lesson.
Never leave a trusted source especially when it comes to something as personal and sensitive as a hairpiece.
Toplace it will be for me for sure from now on.@El Che
I totally hear you.
Thank god at least we know Toplace is here for us.
10-11-2010, 04:47 AM,
I revealed for you...this guys has called me and treated me in any way he wanted...just because I was saying the truth! beware of him!
10-11-2010, 07:24 AM,
Thank you for sharing your experience Phoenix, I will make sure I never order a piece from that other place.
10-12-2010, 10:34 AM,
(10-09-2010, 04:17 PM)phoenix13 Wrote: Hello,

Ive been a wearer for about a year and a half, im no expert but can successfully wear my hairpiece vomb back style exposing the front undetectably.
I always ordered chinese and the density was always great.
However upon hearing the hype about a new superior korean piece at another site i jumped on the bandwagon because I always yearned for better ventilation.

The promise on the site is stock pieces ready for immediate shipping.
Superior ventilation and awesome piece second to none according to the hype.

So i dropped $255 to have one express shipped overseas to me,
I paid express because i needed one urgently and was promised to have it in 3-5 days.

It took almost 3 weeks to arrive.
I wasnt happy i paid express surcharge for something that took longer than airmail but at least it did arrive.

My chinese piece had lasted 1 year but was falling apart, so i eagerly took the korean piece out and it looked somewhat sparse in density but ok initially
i proceeded to attach then cut it in anyways to see if it looked better wearing.

Thats when the piece started showing all its defects and shortcomings.
Really impossible to hide thick lace.
When the hair was cut to medium length the long front hair that was covering front to back was cut to medium, then at that point the middle and sides of the piece revealed a sparsity of hair only 45-50% coverage.

The piece was supposed to be 65%.

I took it off and saw how terribly sparse the thing really looked- i wad shocked
The piece was the worst looking I had ever seen.

The lace was extremely thick, no chance of it disappearing in any amount of glue and you could easily see the gridlines.

I applied not sealer to make sure shedding wouldnt occur however the piece shed frequently even with it.

So i emailed a certain well known individual about the problem and his response was that he could get me a custom piece for another $175 all up.

2 weeks later i was further distressing due to the increasing shedding and inability to hide the lace even around the sides due to sparseness of hair on the piece.

I had applied a second costing of knot sealer all to no avail.
I was really teed off because the piece was really expensive considering it was stock, it took weeks to arrive even though i paid the extra money to have it fedexed to me.
And it wasnt what i ordered.

I ordered 65% 1b korean

I received a patchy 45-50% piece that was falling apart brand new?
Also the hair had been dyed to 1 b from a sandy brown and along the back the dying was done so poorly that you could see the patches of undyed hair making it look splotchy, something unoticeable until the cutin.

I emailed the fella again and poted pics,
He agreed he he imnediately ship out a sgs 65% replacemt bh airmail.

That was 3 weeks ago, i emailed him again to check where the thing was...
No reply.

Im somewhat traumatised to go out now becsuse i have been busted so many times its no longer fun going out.

I became a wearer to regain confidence and look better.
I now look like bozo the balding clown due to that companys lack of QA and insincere customer service.
I will order from toplace exclusively from now on, i regret not having stuck to toplace and trying out the korean piece from thst new site.
I recomend anyone considering a korean stock piece to forget about it, total waste of money.
Stick with a sure thing, stay with toplace.

Thanks for posting this as I had the same experience. The coloring was off, the density was wrong, etc. The only thing good about the piece is the ventilation. I was also surprised that he (BA) didn't even let me know when the unit was sent out. My neighbor ended up getting it and it could have been an embarrassing situation. He seems to have a lot of people who think the korean piece is great which really baffles me. A lot of the people who post on his site ask really basic questions that they could figure out themselves with a little research. Anyway, I like what I see here and will be ordering from Toplace soon.
10-12-2010, 11:34 AM,
(10-12-2010, 10:34 AM)baldcanuck Wrote:
(10-09-2010, 04:17 PM)phoenix13 Wrote: Hello,

Ive been a wearer for about a year and a half, im no expert but can successfully wear my hairpiece vomb back style exposing the front undetectably.
I always ordered chinese and the density was always great.
However upon hearing the hype about a new superior korean piece at another site i jumped on the bandwagon because I always yearned for better ventilation.

The promise on the site is stock pieces ready for immediate shipping.
Superior ventilation and awesome piece second to none according to the hype.

So i dropped $255 to have one express shipped overseas to me,
I paid express because i needed one urgently and was promised to have it in 3-5 days.

It took almost 3 weeks to arrive.
I wasnt happy i paid express surcharge for something that took longer than airmail but at least it did arrive.

My chinese piece had lasted 1 year but was falling apart, so i eagerly took the korean piece out and it looked somewhat sparse in density but ok initially
i proceeded to attach then cut it in anyways to see if it looked better wearing.

Thats when the piece started showing all its defects and shortcomings.
Really impossible to hide thick lace.
When the hair was cut to medium length the long front hair that was covering front to back was cut to medium, then at that point the middle and sides of the piece revealed a sparsity of hair only 45-50% coverage.

The piece was supposed to be 65%.

I took it off and saw how terribly sparse the thing really looked- i wad shocked
The piece was the worst looking I had ever seen.

The lace was extremely thick, no chance of it disappearing in any amount of glue and you could easily see the gridlines.

I applied not sealer to make sure shedding wouldnt occur however the piece shed frequently even with it.

So i emailed a certain well known individual about the problem and his response was that he could get me a custom piece for another $175 all up.

2 weeks later i was further distressing due to the increasing shedding and inability to hide the lace even around the sides due to sparseness of hair on the piece.

I had applied a second costing of knot sealer all to no avail.
I was really teed off because the piece was really expensive considering it was stock, it took weeks to arrive even though i paid the extra money to have it fedexed to me.
And it wasnt what i ordered.

I ordered 65% 1b korean

I received a patchy 45-50% piece that was falling apart brand new?
Also the hair had been dyed to 1 b from a sandy brown and along the back the dying was done so poorly that you could see the patches of undyed hair making it look splotchy, something unoticeable until the cutin.

I emailed the fella again and poted pics,
He agreed he he imnediately ship out a sgs 65% replacemt bh airmail.

That was 3 weeks ago, i emailed him again to check where the thing was...
No reply.

Im somewhat traumatised to go out now becsuse i have been busted so many times its no longer fun going out.

I became a wearer to regain confidence and look better.
I now look like bozo the balding clown due to that companys lack of QA and insincere customer service.
I will order from toplace exclusively from now on, i regret not having stuck to toplace and trying out the korean piece from thst new site.
I recomend anyone considering a korean stock piece to forget about it, total waste of money.
Stick with a sure thing, stay with toplace.

Thanks for posting this as I had the same experience. The coloring was off, the density was wrong, etc. The only thing good about the piece is the ventilation. I was also surprised that he (BA) didn't even let me know when the unit was sent out. My neighbor ended up getting it and it could have been an embarrassing situation. He seems to have a lot of people who think the korean piece is great which really baffles me. A lot of the people who post on his site ask really basic questions that they could figure out themselves with a little research. Anyway, I like what I see here and will be ordering from Toplace soon.

I ordered a korean and it was spot on. One thing I can never understand, is why none of these companies have quality control. Things would go so much smoother if you had someone checking the pieces before they were sent out. How long does it take to check the color density and ventilation before shipping the piece out?