Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metrosexual
10-09-2010, 03:00 PM,
Metrosexual
Hey everyone

I got a question, I'm a norwood 2-3, not thick thick hair, but pretty full hair. Its only noticeable to me, and not bad to others around me. When I use gels and rogaine, it looks kinda see through thin.

I will never be bald, nobody in my family was ever horse shoe bald.

My purpose for wearing wigs is just for fashion and improvement.

I have a stigma against topper hairpieces for some reason, even when they look real good. Not because of its detectability/undetectability, but I just find it wierd to attach it just to the top of the head and blend it in (concealors, no concealors, etc., color matching). No offense to those who do it, but I feel wierd about it. However, I dont have a problem with full caps at all. I find them diverse and stylish.

with that said, I will go for different styles if I get into this sooner or later. So I can go bald when desired, etc. I have no care in the world if other people know, although I wont go blabbing it out to new people I meet, etc. however, When you look good, so what. I will go long hair one day, short, etc.. I will have fun with this. I'll be the guy known as wearing awesome wigs instead an arsenal of hats ( i dont currently wear hats). (and no, I'm not gay or bi). I have two questions.

what styles can be done with full caps, such as how short can you go. I will like nice hairlines and temple points. I dont care if people know I'm wearing, but I do want to look undetectable to sight for my own amusement. As long as I can get really cool styles and it looks natural, I see no shame in wearing. Better than having a receded hairline.

also, i dont want to cause traction with my own hair by gluing onto my scalp. This is my biggest concern. although I will have a shaved head, i dont want to ruin my follicles I have now, should I just want to grow my normal hair out once in a while as a change. Will wearing hair cause damage to my own hair?
10-09-2010, 09:59 PM,
RE: Metrosexual
yeah how many people made that comment,"I will never be bald,"
my dad wasent my grandfather on my mothers side wasent,my grandfather on my dads side was very thin, must have gotten myne from there, i guess.

im going for a topper.
antySmile
10-10-2010, 12:44 AM,
How short you can go with sides of full cap will be the key.

Don't quite know the answer to that one.
10-10-2010, 03:04 AM,
Hi andysharp -- your main question was will wearing a hair system, topper or fullcap, damage your own hair. No is the answer. Hair is dead anyway --it`s the root which is alive and keeps pushing out the hair and oils to lubricate it. Wearing only involves adhesives either in liquid form or on tapes. These will not damage your roots. Just keep your own shaved / trimmed back `` out of the way`` while wearing. Wearing full -caps presents some different issues to a topper or partial....... JRob is THE expert in that area and has left many posts here on the subject --do a search through the older posts for full info.
One thing which occurs to me with making your template would be that just at the point where your ears meet the head, I would have thought it would be better to have the perimeter of the full cap a little above that point and not `resting` just above the ear otherwise [if you think about it ] the stylist would have to cut the hair there back to literally 2 or 3 millimetres or it would be down over the ear itself --maybe I`m talking through my A...? LOL. I have yet to read through JRob`s instructions on making a fullcap template [ I have it printed off here ] but that`s one point that occured to me a while back and one which I will be paying attention to if I decide to go down the full cap route... regards, Paul.
10-10-2010, 04:28 AM,
hey...I don't understand why so many people are giving example and calling that guy Jrob the guru...the master of fullcap...In my opinion he had a lot of bad results wearing his full cap...maybe is me...but I would never worn some of his wigs...in my opinion you should talk with some other guys that had made great a realistic look using a full wig...those guys are dino and chris...look for them photos and you will agree with me...
10-10-2010, 05:53 AM,
I`m not too sure who was wearing full -caps first, and I must have a look through the threads on this in the next day or so. I think JRob may [ but am open to correction] have been the first or one of the first to wear full-caps and his experience of making the template for a fullcap is what I`m interested in really --the style of any system can vary greatly, based both on the specifications and the way a stylist works with it at the cut-in stage. Obviously you may think that one person`s system looks superior to another --- it`s just down to how the individual wants to wear their hair really --- some might think mine looks crap, others think differently -- the pictures are posted so people can get some idea of how a particular style /density etc might look on them, should they choose to wear. In fairness to JRob, he does do detailed posts with full -face pics and I give him credit for that. Regards, Paul.
10-10-2010, 09:57 AM,
this is what I call a good result with full cap...the pic from down of the page
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?...light=jrob
this is a bad result in my opinion...the template looks that was made wrong...I've never seen a person with that kind of shape of hair...and the sideburns...look very bad...overall looks like a helmet...just my opinion! but I will rather be bald than wearing that!
10-10-2010, 06:45 PM,
He has acknowledged that it`s not perfect though --he has said that he just got back from the stylist and further down ,that he had allowed too much recession...... again, he posted a less -than perfect image, in order to help others to avoid his errors --we have to take the good with the bad in order to get an idea of how to wear with confidence. I just think it`s reality and if every picture on here was `` perfection`` potential wearers might think there was some kind of `` fix`` going on you know ? I still think I have to admire JRob for his openness in sharing his experiences with the world ----- the guy wearing the long hair in the first link there --that wouldn`t be my personal choice for hair -wearing but hey, each to their own. The chap with the short hair viewed from the back looks really good --that would be my choice of style if I went full -cap..... there are just so many styles a person could have, and it`s down to personal choice as well as the skill of the stylist. Obviously you are entitled to your opinion -- am not suggesting you aren`t, but only pointing out and giving credit to JRob for sharing his information and experiences..... sometimes a system [ full cap or partial ] doesn`t always pan out the way you planned it in your minds-eye, but at least he acknowledged it and shared the pics of it ...... wearers have to take the good with the bad at times. Regards, Paul.
10-16-2010, 01:03 PM,
(10-10-2010, 09:57 AM)andrei_eremenko Wrote: this is what I call a good result with full cap...the pic from down of the page
this is a bad result in my opinion...the template looks that was made wrong...I've never seen a person with that kind of shape of hair...and the sideburns...look very bad...overall looks like a helmet...just my opinion! but I will rather be bald than wearing that!

andrei,

You are correct, the second full cap did not work out. The cut was excellent, but the poly edge ruined any chance of it being a useable unit. It's been in my closet since the day I shot those pics.

For a full cap there is no substitute for 100% lace.