Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
be honest?
10-01-2010, 02:11 AM,
be honest?
only people who have worn a hairpiece need apply.

i have a few questions i would like to know the answer to.This is all about how your new looks not how much time you have to spend on attachment or the worry of being found out,just looks of the hair.
please anwser as honestly as possible.

when you look in the mirror ,do you see
(A)I have my appearence restored to how it was before,it looks great and it looks undetectable,it is the best thing i have ever done
(B)it looks good not as good as it did when it was my natural hair but still most people would not be able to tell and i can live with it happily
©the hairpiece looks ok but i still see wig when i look in the mirror but hey anything is better than looking at a bald head.
(D)it is not what i thought it would be sometimes i think it might be better just going with a bald head at least i would not be paronoid.

when posting please specify which option you think you are...this will have no bearing on my decision to wear hair or at least try to wear hair
and having looked on every website known to man i think toplace is probably going to be the best for me,
10-01-2010, 02:55 AM,
RE: be honest?
I would go with `A` as my own hair was always pretty crappy and the remaining amount [about one third of the original ] is continuing to thin --will probably finally get rid of the lot and go full -cap as it will be more like a `proper,`good head of hair.. Regards, Paul.
10-01-2010, 04:15 AM,
I will go for B.

The hair is actually nicer than it was before I started wearing, but
1) I'd rather have crappier-looking natural hair than having to go through the hassle of wearing, it is more high maintenance than your real hair. With your real hair, a bad hair cut is okay, because given some time, it will grow back and look fine again ... but a wig is unforgiving.
2) Probably cause I'm still new to this but:
- (a) I still can feel some detectability especially in the front hairline which I don't like
- (b) I know they say don't let the hair wear you, but in my case, I have had constant anxiety when it came to deciding whether to go for some strenious activity like playing football, diving, skydiving etc. And the funny thing is, I've played football a hundred times with my wig and never showed any signs of loose bonding... so I blame myself on this one for being too careful not to get busted.

Otherwise, when I look in the mirror, I'm pretty much liking what I see, and its not just me. Wink
10-25-2010, 12:33 AM,
(10-01-2010, 02:11 AM)antonio666 Wrote: only people who have worn a hairpiece need apply.

i have a few questions i would like to know the answer to.This is all about how your new looks not how much time you have to spend on attachment or the worry of being found out,just looks of the hair.

(A)I have my appearence restored to how it was before,it looks great and it looks undetectable,it is the best thing i have ever done
(B)it looks good not as good as it did when it was my natural hair but still most people would not be able to tell and i can live with it happily
©the hairpiece looks ok but i still see wig when i look in the mirror but hey anything is better than looking at a bald head.
(D)it is not what i thought it would be sometimes i think it might be better just going with a bald head at least i would not be paronoid.

when posting please specify which option you think you are...this will have no bearing on my decision to wear hair or at least try to wear hair
and having looked on every website known to man i think toplace is probably going to be the best for me,

C... trying to get the best combination of things to make me feel comfortable but so far every wig iv had there have been things i dont like about it, feel the base, too thick in places, too thin in places, etc. but without it i think i would have committed suicide a long time ago. loosing it was difficult.
10-25-2010, 07:58 AM,
(10-25-2010, 12:33 AM)anubi5 Wrote:
(10-01-2010, 02:11 AM)antonio666 Wrote: only people who have worn a hairpiece need apply.

C... trying to get the best combination of things to make me feel comfortable but so far every wig iv had there have been things i dont like about it, feel the base, too thick in places, too thin in places, etc. but without it i think i would have committed suicide a long time ago. loosing it was difficult.

For me somewhere between A and B.
It looks natural.
Here are some key things:
light density,
Have 5-10% gray if you are in 40s,
Nail the color. Err on the lighter side if anything.
Make hairline high and with a generous "V" countour. Make it age appropriate.
Have it cut in by a stylist that does this.
Attach hairline like this:
Use tape, but leave 1/2'' or less for glue. Looks great.

Guys,
My friends dont even know that I wear. They are freakin clueless man.
I was on a 3v norwood scale.
Went on a long vacation, I was very tanned and dropped weight.
When I came back from vaca, I went for my cut-in (first timer).
My stylist did great job (50usd).
When I was going to meet with a bunch of friends, I wet the hair and slicked it back. Also, have a side part so there is tonnes of scalp showing.
I got zero comments about the hair. No looks "up there". Nothing LOL.
I'm almost 30 days into hair wearing and it's not that hard.

When my stylist shaved my dwindling hairs on top of my head I told her that if this sucks, I'll just shave it all off LOL.
She said that I would love it. She is right.
10-25-2010, 08:05 AM,
Nice one balamouti ...... glad it worked out so well for you as a first -timer. It`s nice to hear positive stories and your advice is great too.. Paul.
10-25-2010, 08:32 AM,
(10-25-2010, 08:05 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Nice one balamouti ...... glad it worked out so well for you as a first -timer. It`s nice to hear positive stories and your advice is great too.. Paul.

I have been a lurker on these forums for 2 years plus.
I've read and learned so much on these forums.
I took the plunge cuz I got sick of my thinning top.
There was no hiding my hairloss anymore.
I refused to be the comb over fellow. To hell with that.
My head shape is also not good to shave it all off.
transplants? you can spend 30-50 thousand and it is no guarantee.
every few years you gotta do touchup operations to address new hairloss. . . etc. Also, with the scars, you'll never b able to shave it all off someday.
Hell, I went swimming yesterday and worked my arse off.
I just wore a silicon swiming cap which many ppl do anyways.
With a Blue lace attachment this thing ain't gonna move. . .
I just don't want the chlorine to slowly kill my hair.
11-01-2010, 06:18 AM,
Here is my answer, Sometimes I have felt all of them. But usually I feel this ... D. My hair looks better now than it did when I had hair. I always has frizzy nasty hair and a large forehead, My hair always was a problem even when I had it. I feel more comfortable know with my hair than I did when I had hair. Of course there are days when things might go wrong or a system that doesn't work for you... But after awhile u get into a groove and a routine and it becomes second nature. You find what works best for you and how to do it quick and what your goals are. If you want to wear long term, or if u rather change it every few days etc. Even the comfort level is amazing. sometimes I forget its on my head and panic and say oh ok,, I have it on LOL> these systems are very light. They can really work well as long as you get into it with a little patience and get the hang of things. For me it came very easy, not much of a learning curve, Its not rocket science, but everyone is different. Hope that helps