Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP! Just started wearing and not sure how to shampoo/wash
09-21-2009, 11:07 PM,
HELP! Just started wearing and not sure how to shampoo/wash
Hi guys,

I finally started wearing, still kinda not used to it, got a feeling of butterflies in my stomach still, dunno if experienced wearers know what I mean. Still looks poofy but I'll give it a few days to see how it goes.

Anyway, I just realised I'm cluesless about how to wash my hair. Should I shampoo with the hairpiece on or just wash with water?
I'm thinking of using product if the "poofiness" does not subside and I'm thinking water wont be enough to clean off product?

Also, will water get stuck beneath the piece and what should I do if water does seep under the lace?

Thanks for the help in advance? Honestly,wearing hair is pretty exciting! Haha

Regards
09-23-2009, 12:28 PM,
Re: HELP! Just started wearing and not sure how to shampoo/wash
If you've applied properly, you won't have to worry about any problems. Just shampoo like normal. Obvious don't do any major scalp massages or pushing at the hairline or edges. But you can shampoo like normal. I highly recommend conditioning.
09-24-2009, 05:29 AM,
Re: HELP! Just started wearing and not sure how to shampoo/wash
You should wash it before you wear it for the first time. A sulfate free shampoo is fine. I then soak my lace (not drowing the hair ) in alcohol for about 5 minutes, in order to clean all the oils off.
For daily, it's a good idea to soak rinse your head, hairpiece & all, under cool to warm water. No worries if it "gets under the lace".....it goes THROUGH the lace! Blot dry the piece, but not vigorously & then let air dry. I use shampoo on my real hair once per week when unit is off my head.
Product is the only way I know to wear & Wax Works by Paul Mitchell has solved the poofyness issue for me, of a new piece. Also a great blend aid.