Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Toplace, couple questions...
10-04-2010, 01:01 PM,
New to Toplace, couple questions...
Hi Everyone,

First off, Im glad this forum and Toplace exists, I can see what is possible! I have been reading the forum for about a week now and can honestly say I'm impressed on how far hair sytems have come. This is my first post and seriously thinking about buying a piece as soon as I get rid of the anxiety lol. I am a diffuse thinner and have had 1 transplant that didnt take all that well. I use dermatch but its gotten to the point where i need to cover the whole top and its beginning to be a pain, although I am thankful that the product exists! Helps alot! But I want the type of hair again that I see is possible on this site. One of the best pictures I have seen as ar as the style and color and cut and density I am looking for is Rod. I cant tell one bit if it is a piece and obviously thats what we are all trying to achieve. I have a lot of anxiety thinking about if i do it it wont blend in. So, 2 questions to start...do I send a hair sample to match my color (or does a stylist have to dye it to match) and how short can you cut the back and sides of the piece to really get a good blend.

There are not a lot of pics of back of heads to see how well the back blends and how to achieve the best results with blending sides and back. The hairline looks like it has come a long way so im optimistic on those results. Please let me know your thoughts, I need some guidance lol! Thanks everyone.

Joe
10-04-2010, 07:53 PM,
RE: New to Toplace, couple questions...
hey congratulations on finding the forum, you'll find superb advice that will rival trhe pros.
and thats a fact.well in answer to youre question,you make a template of youre balding area,
click this link its order help on the homepage
http://toplace.com/how-to-order.html#base
there are video tutorials on u tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AjgMVJTGFI
you'll find answers by searching the forum aswell as most questions well the obvioues ones have already been answered and pretty much in great detail
p's i use nanofibers, concealer but i need concealer to hide the concealer now so im moving on to a skin hair system. and will be going to a salon i know for a cut in and bond in a week or so
regards anty Smile
10-04-2010, 08:24 PM,
Hello jm22 --welcome to the forum...... you`re in the best place to have your hair loss sorted with top- quality systems at down -to -earth prices.
The link that Anthony posted is well worth looking through... there is a colour chart there from which you can pick your colour [ for some reason that particular part of the page will not open for me ] but the ultimate way to get a proper colour match is submit a sample of your own hair if possible, about the diameter of a pencil. That will be sent to the factory,along with your template for a match.
As regards blending/shortness of the cut ......... what length is your side / back hair and is it still dense ? If it`s cropped tight in to the head, probably best to leave it grow a bit longer... this will help with blending the system hair onto your own ..... maybe you could post a pic so people can chip in with their advice ? Regards, Paul.
10-05-2010, 08:30 AM,
Thanks guys I appreciate the help! Im gonna look thru the links and see what its all about.

Paul, Im growing out my sides now so it will take a little bit to get to the length I am comfortable with, I use clippers now, usually a #3 or 4 on the sides and back and keep the top longer. But I dont mind growing out my sides to make the blend better. I will try and get some pics up shortly so you guys and othr can make suggestions. Thanks again guys.
10-05-2010, 07:35 PM,
hi jm22 ---look forward to that --- cheers for now... Paul.