Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uk supplies glues release ect
09-27-2010, 08:59 PM,
uk supplies glues release ect
could i purchase my supplies from the uk.
are there a list of websites here in the uk anyone uses for supplies.
eg 99%alcohol -there must be a generic product for most branded ones, any input on supplies.
as stated prev, im waiting on my first ever hair system.skin.
chosen for easy attach, release for a newbie then second one sfsl front with poly sides.back,
salons going to cut in and bond +system £200 all in
anty
09-27-2010, 10:24 PM,
RE: uk supplies glues release ect
The recommended supplier is Debbie Theriault in the USA. I have just ordered another batch of supplies --a fairly large order to keep me going and also as I`m thinking of `` expanding`` the size/coverage area and style in a new system and will be doing stronger/longer bonds --the postage is 17 Dollars to Ireland which is quite reasonable considering the weight etc. If you are intent on sourcing your supplies in UK --just do a google search and you should find one --- I saw one lately but they only had 1 type of tape, and I didn`t see any glue removers --- they had glue, but certainly didn`t advertise any remover so I stuck [no pun intended ! ] with ordering from Debbie. Paul.
09-30-2010, 07:43 AM,
hi guys, long time since I posted something...

I have become much better at this game since my last post. Practice makes perfect.

As with regards to suppliers I usually buy my stuff from Debbie (when I buy multiple items - cause shipping is a bitch). Otherwise, I have found a really nice seller with sh*tloads of supplies on ebay (uk) and I do my experiment purchases from there. shipping is less expensive since its within europe. you lot could probably get it much cheaper since its uk to uk.

I have in the meantime found 2 more supplies to recommend:
1. Supertape (much better than Blue Tape and Walker No Shine)
2. C22 Walker No Shine Solvent (comes slightly more expensive than the 99% alcohol but has a better smell and is more powerful in my opinion. also feels like its less harsh on the system)

I used to de/re-attach on a weekly basis. I am now going 2 weeks (and only changing just to keep things fresh not because I really need to).

Currently, I am in my second week, the bond is still excellent (supertape and front glue) so I am gonna try and go a third week... just to test the durability. but so far, no bulge. Only yesterday I decided to detach just the front 1cm, clean and reglue (didnt really need to but just wanted a sharper cleaner look at the hairline).

Figured out that if I can stretch my bond to once a month (will not happen cause I am extra careful at this)... but just for stats-sake:

1. De/Re once a month = 12 times a year = less damage to the hairsystem = less spending in hairsystems and supplies = getting nearer to become less concerned that I wear [you just have to spend a little extra time to make a PERFECT bond each time so that it won't bother you for a whole month].

2. De/Re every week = 52 times a year = more damage to the hairsystem = more spending on hairsystems and supplies = always "reminded" that you wear means less confidence in this hair wearing game.

Well, each to their own I suppose Smile
09-30-2010, 08:22 AM,
cheers that was my philosophy with my concealer. i stretched washing my hair up to 3 weeks.
ofcourse by the time i got to the end of the third week.i allways managed to get a seat on the bus or served first in a long que, lol
seriously , it took me a long time to re create my fav hair style with less hair and i used to put off washing my hair for as long as possible to save myself the pain.
but the huge saving in using my concealer once every three weeks and making one last 3 months applealed to my bank account.
i do honestly belive that im the right kind of individual for wearing,as iv done the pre requisite concealer course.when you read storys of despair turned to joy and life,how can you not wear.
anthSmile
09-30-2010, 08:31 AM,
lol

yepp i know what you mean... I was on the concealer-course (Toppik) for a long time before I started wearing, and also used to stretch not washing my hair for as long as possible.

hair wearing will probably not be cheaper than wearing concealers, in my opinion. you will still need to buy supplies.

BUT the pros is that when you get used to hair wearing:
1. You will spend less on supplies
2. You will spend less time making your hair look good
3. You won't have black fingernails (lol)
3. And most importantly... (saving the best for last lol) you will have a much cleaner, nicer looking head of hair (not having to compromise much about style, rain, wind etc.)

It will definitely get easier in time. I still consider myself new to this game, and I can only see myself improving and learning each time, basically because I try new things everytime I de and re-attach.

Good luck.
10-01-2010, 05:25 AM,
(09-30-2010, 08:31 AM)mrjoejohn Wrote: lol

yepp i know what you mean... I was on the concealer-course (Toppik) for a long time before I started wearing, and also used to stretch not washing my hair for as long as possible.

hair wearing will probably not be cheaper than wearing concealers, in my opinion. you will still need to buy supplies.

BUT the pros is that when you get used to hair wearing:
1. You will spend less on supplies
2. You will spend less time making your hair look good
3. You won't have black fingernails (lol)
3. And most importantly... (saving the best for last lol) you will have a much cleaner, nicer looking head of hair (not having to compromise much about style, rain, wind etc.)

It will definitely get easier in time. I still consider myself new to this game, and I can only see myself improving and learning each time, basically because I try new things everytime I de and re-attach.

Good luck.

firstly thankyou very much, as it happens today is a bloody bad hair day.pleased i took the plunge am awaiting a call from the hairsalon.
waiting for my skin system, then i'll go for the cut in &bond.
just cant get my hair quiffed forward,theres so little of it that even when i manage to create the style i want it takes ages to hold it with hairspray.spraying to close with a fine mesh of hairs blows the style out.takes bloody ages,cant comb it back anymore because theres nothing left in the front,.
i rekon anyone asks whats the black in youre hair i'll just go into my mary poppins routine and say im a chimmney sweep.
p's no one ever mentioned the black fingernails, usualy from scratching the edge away(of the concealer from the forhead, or smugding it to blend.
i totaly agree with youre post cheers.
anywany rant over

btw came across this whilst searching on mpb,
not a new topic thread just a link
Is Westlife star Kian Egan losing his golden locks?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...locks.html
10-01-2010, 06:07 AM,
Deffo time for him to surf on over to this site. If he does decide to ``do `` something about his disappearing locks, no doubt he`ll go for some top -class [read Top Price!!! ] `Salon` in the belief in the old adage that ``You get what you pay for`` and a guy with his high -profile cannot afford to get busted ----- oh well , I suppose we`ll see sooner or later if he takes action. Paul.
10-01-2010, 06:58 AM,
hey he could afford a transplant, prob keep back and sides.(donor area)
one hears http://www.hassonandwong.com/ are good,
10-01-2010, 08:04 AM,
(10-01-2010, 06:58 AM)antywanty Wrote: hey he could afford a transplant, prob keep back and sides.(donor area)
one hears http://www.hassonandwong.com/ are good,

mm... gone through a hair transplant myself before I started wearing mate... you cant get as much hair as you want with a hair transplant. and a hair transplant for Kian Egan would definitely not be best of solutions. He'll get some more hairs but it would still look thin. after a couple of years, wearing concealers to thicken the areas, he'll lose the hairs of the transplant as well...

-__-' welcome to my hair journey mate, spent so much money on my bloody hair i dont even want to remember!!! the last solution (toplace) happens to be the best one of them all and probably one of the cheapest, i've done everything backwards it seems... shame on the taboo of wearing I say.
10-01-2010, 08:39 AM,
very true,theres no shame in saying i'v had a hairtransplant, but wearing is a whole new mindset,
i think hair wearing is acceptable for woman,im not sure if its the male attitude youre a man accept it,but surley if you can do something about it you would,?maybee maybe not.
its a personal thing,im kinda used to getting a lot of attention from females,
im not dropp dead georgoues,if i was i woudnt need hair to frame my features.lol i'd miss that, thats my motivation for wearing, my confidence.my look, my hairs allways been important to me.
if i didnt have decent bone structure,then i might not bother, but when youve been in the limelight you dont want that spotlight switched off.