Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who
09-24-2010, 06:32 AM,
who
who orders stock units ? I will be orderin a system soon and I dont want to wait a long time to get a costum unit..... did you guys achieve the style you wanted with a stock unit.... is it easy to cut the unit.... is the system flexible?
09-24-2010, 07:27 AM,
RE: who
Hello Mr Hair. Some people happen to find they can ``get on `` very well with a stock system and are happy with them... It would be impossible to have a myriad of different styles/curl/densities and [most importantly] fit, which could be taken off the shelf and shipped. The stock systems can do nicely to tide you over until a custom system can be made and despatched to you.... human heads are of varying sizes/shapes, obviously, so the stock unit can usually only go `so far` in terms of fit--- I used one last year and found that while the length from front hairline to the back, and from side to side was ok, the perimeter just in front of the crown area tended to pleat up due to the system not being a perfect contour of my head --- don`t expect a stock to give a perfect fit --you might be lucky enough to find that it fits you like a glove, but be aware that it likely won`t, but would tide you over until your custom arrives [if you order one] The pleating of the perimeter means some hair will be standing up from the head rather than flush, and that will have a knock-on effect on the styling--- in most cases, custom is best in the long run. Have a look at the thread further down the page titled `` custom v stock.`` Regards, Paul.
09-25-2010, 09:15 AM,
Stock units are fine...if your hair specs fit the color and density. And if your bald area is no larger than the stock area, usually 8"x10". They can be cut to fit. The hairline can be an issue, whether you need an A or CC contour. They cut and wear the same as customs. BUT, if you need a non-stock density, color(s), gray, temple flaps, etc., and don't want to cut to fit, custom is the way to go. But it takes longer, and has more margin of error.
09-25-2010, 02:14 PM,
Thank you for your response Paul.
Mcnash have you had succes with stock units
09-26-2010, 12:58 AM,
(09-25-2010, 02:14 PM)Mr.Hair Wrote: Thank you for your response Paul.
Mcnash have you had succes with stock units

Yes, I have when I can get them in my specs. I have a template that i cut the base by, and I have no fit problems. I used to shave my hair to the contour of the stock base, being fearful of cutting the lace, but I got over that. Having a smaller base means a better fit. French lace is very accomodating for shape variances. Color and density matches are critical to success. If you can match up close to the specs of a stock unit, it may be more satisfactory as far as delivery time and quality. They cut in and style just like customs. I don't feel like they are "precious" like customs, so I am more likely to customize them to my specs without feeling like I am messing with something that will take weeks to replace. I suspect stock units are more likely to have better quality control, as they are being compared with accepted standards of color and density due to the way HPs are made, but that is just a hunch on my part. If I order a custom, I make my specs as close to a stock unit as possible regarding color and density, and I always order a stock base size. I feel it makes it easier on the factory in making the unit, as the workers don't have to interpret highly individual specs, which can lead to disappointment. I found out that bit the hard way.
09-26-2010, 01:59 AM,
That`s an interesting view mcnash --- you raise very valid opinions, to my mind. For anyone considering entering this `world` it`s probably sensible to realise that if you have very high expectations of what your custom system will be like [ i.e. will exactly replicate how you looked when you had all your own hair ] you might be expecting too much --yes your system should look good and wear well and have the correct density /colour etc, but you yourself may have to adjust just a little to `it` rather than the other way around. The ventilators at the factory can probably run -off stock systems pretty much uniformally as to specifications, but when working to an individual template and specifications ,variations can occur ---let`s be honest, our appearance in general and our hair in particular is a very personal thing to us all as to what we like /dislike, and what can drive one person up the walls, wouldn`t cost another person a moment`s thought. When your system arrives for the first time, you probably will have formed pre - arrival images in your mind on how the ``new you`` will look......... sometimes a little re -adjustment may be necessary, before an individual decides that the system is totally not `` them`` , or has not been manufactured to the specifications. It`s all part of the learning -curve. I really do think though, that most hair wearers are pretty much happy with the systems and how they look etc. Anyone else have opinions ? Paul.
09-26-2010, 08:46 AM,
Yeah I don't need flaps for the sides, I will order a stock unit. This might be a dumb question but is it easy to cut the hair system ???? do I just use regular sissors? and by the way my wife is a hair stylist so that should make things a lot easier for me.
09-26-2010, 08:52 AM,
I cutted it with a regular scissor and did it over a period of some days. I made me a template of my head and slowly cutted the lace to that shape. I cutted every row 5mm -1cm and than lay it on my head. If it commes close to my prefered shape i only cutted 2mm parts until it fits to my problem zone.

But you have to do it very very slowly until it fits perfect.
09-26-2010, 08:56 AM,
Thanks Ruulkasar, how long have you been wearing?
09-26-2010, 08:57 AM,
until now maybe 5month