Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POLY does not stick
09-23-2010, 05:02 PM,
POLY does not stick
I have recently received 2 new piece from toplace, the thing did look the same , it is a TL150 where it is lace front and poly on the side n back.

The weird thing is, it seems like the white tape does not stick on the POLY at all !!!! does anybody have similar problem?? what is the work around on this??? -Thanks!!
09-23-2010, 06:56 PM,
RE: POLY does not stick!!!
Hi emery.I use red liner sensi -tac tape ,designed for 1 -4 day hold, and I have no problems in relation to it not sticking to the poly. I am not sure what is `going on`in your case as most things will stick to poly easier than to lace. Try a different tape if you have one to hand --if not, order a different tape and in the meantime just put your system into position on your head, then fold up the perimeter at the back and use some glue. Allow the glue to go clear, and press the poly onto it and do the same at a few other points along the perimeter --- you don`t really need a full-perimeter bond, unless you actually want to --- a few spots here and there will give you a good hold ---- My guess is it`s the tape which is at fault -- poly is poly, basically an artificial `skin`, so it has to be to do with the strength of the adhesive on the tape --well that`s my guess anyway --keep us posted, Cheers, Paul.
09-24-2010, 04:16 AM,
RE: POLY does not stick!!!
Hi Emery,
You might also trying wiping the base with a cloth that's been dipped in rubbing alcohol. This will clean the poly and remove anything that on the base that might be causing the tape not to stick.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
09-24-2010, 12:36 PM,
RE: POLY does not stick
Hi John - will give that a go. Thanks for your prompt reply :-)
09-25-2010, 08:04 PM,
RE: POLY does not stick
How did you get on since you posted ? Just wondering if you have sorted out the issue ? Paul.