Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stock vs custom?
09-18-2010, 05:16 AM,
stock vs custom?
My first unit was a stock unit and i cutted all myself (Lace and hair) That has worked perfect and fit totaly to my headshape.
So my own hair is growing a bit faster than i thougt, so i have to buy my next piece in the next weeks.

What are the differences between a full sfs stock unit and a full sfs custom unit, beside i could consider flaps and a other density than the custom unit.

I have no problem with cuting all by my self, so i dont know if i should by a custom or a stock. I would prefer a stock if there is no other advantage by a custom piece, because it only took 4 days to get it and not some weeks.
09-18-2010, 06:11 AM,
RE: stock vs custom?
The stock systems are `standard` --- you just happen to have found that they fit you nice and snug .... it`s just a matter of it being the ``luck of the draw``. The specification on stock systems are : Medium density, Freestyle, Graduated front, and 6 inch hair length. I think also the hair is slightwave, but am open to correction on that . The advantage is as you said --delivery time is fast. A custom system is to your own individual specifications, with flaps, density, colour, style. Custom can take up to 6 weeks or more, also depending on where you are located, it can add almost another week in the mail. If you are happy with stock, stick with that -- if you want things like flaps, poly perimeter, and different densities on various areas of your system, you will need to make a template and order a custom piece.
Well -done on doing your own cut-in -- I saw the picture you posted a little while back. Regards, Paul.
09-18-2010, 06:36 AM,
that means a stock unit is like a custom, only with that fix standart preferences?
09-18-2010, 08:02 AM,
Am not sure exactly what you are asking there --- the stock systems will not fit everyone perfectly due to us all having variations in shape/size of our heads -- you just happen to have a head shape which is very close to that of a stock system,so it fits you well. For most people, a template made to the shape of their particular head is the best way to ensure a really good fit.The materials are the same [SFS] on each system, as is the hair quality. You have more choice in what you want to wear, by ordering custom --it is made to your specifications exactly. I hope that clarifies it for you. Paul.
09-18-2010, 08:03 AM,
jep, thanks now i understand Smile