Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long did it take u to get the hang of it?
10-20-2010, 08:11 PM,
RE: how long did it take u to get the hang of it?
Balamouti is spot-on with his advice there --keep the density on the low side for your first system [you can always go up a little in subsequent orders] and you`ll attract minimal attention. Dampening the hair is a great trick too -- I often use that. hollisterco --you`d be surprised how simple it is to see / locate your attachment points using a hand -held mirror, as Ruulkasar said, while sitting in front of a larger one --the main trick is get your front hairline correct first, and the back will naturally fall `` into place`` -- it doesn`t have to be to within the nearest millimetre or anything like that ----when the bond is done and you run your fingers through your hair, unless you were out by a large amount, you won`t easily detect the join....... I know for a person who has never worn, that ALL kinds of negative scenarios go through your head before you take the plunge..... ``what if this, what if that `` you know ?
Wearing really is not that difficult----- I reckon ALL wearers come across different issues at times but nothing that can`t be `worked around` with relative ease ...... the only real `disaster` stories as far as I can see, are that thread regarding Korean systems with pics to prove it --- any of the pics here of Toplace customers/ systems, are all pretty good ....you may not like the styles or densities of individual systems, but there are no real disastrous ones. Provided you order something resembling the hair you had, I can promise, you`ll have no major issues...... I know fully how nerve-wracking it can be to make the leap into this world, and there are attachment /detachment worries, but it really isn`t something to be afraid of ... I`m sure now that Antywanty, would agree with me here [he might like to confirm ] that once he`s seen how it`s done, it`s not rocket-science and need not be feared....Working with your system and doing your bonding , especially in the early days, will take you time, but you`ll get better and faster at it every time...... the back part of a system, to my way of thinking is just as important as the front and I`m very very conscious of it. I have found another handy way of being able to see it and work at the system without having to hold mirrors is, I have a large rectangular mirror on the bathroom wall --- alongside it I attached [to the wall ] one of those circular extendable shaving mirrors -- I can see the back and sides really well in the extendable one ---it`s handy if I want to fold up any part of the perimeter and put on some glue to the poly part -- I can see what I`m doing with both hands free. I took pics of it with the digital camera just now ..will up-load to the computer and post here shortly.... a picture paints a thousand words and all that ! Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: how long did it take u to get the hang of it? - Paul In Ireland - 10-20-2010, 08:11 PM