Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long did it take u to get the hang of it?
09-16-2010, 04:08 AM,
RE: how long did it take u to get the hang of it?
I think the main worry for a person considering wearing for the first time, is the very first attachment in order to have the system styled- in. I would suggest the use of the stronger - hold tapes and front contours [ separate strips of tape in the shape of a boomerang for the front part of the system] ---have a look at Debbies site where the different strengths of tape are clearly explained [the link is just underneath step 3 on Toplace homepage `` How to order`` ]
I would apply the tape directly to the lace and gently but firmly press the lace onto the tape -- use a few different strips leaving a bit of a gap between them. Partially peel just the corner of the backing `skin` off the tape just enough for you to get a ```start`` point for your fingernail when you want to peel it off fully for the actual bond to your scalp --this will enable you to position the system accurately or as near as accurate as you can be -- it can be a little tricky to see, as the hair is normally 6 -inches long [unless you have specified shorter] so you will most likely want to `tweak` the position of the system on your head before attaching it---- obviously it needs to be held properly in place for the stylist, who will of course, be combing the hair etc. during the cut -in. Once you are happy with the position, ask your stylist to just `steady`the system on your head with the palm of the hand --- then you can fold up the side of the system, peel off the backing paper/strip from the tape and bond it there, then do the same at the back and so on until you are just left with the front contour ---- just peel off the backing from that and allow it to bond onto the skin. That will do you fine for your cut -in. Once your system has been cut to the appropriate length, it`s much easier then to do your own bonding at home using either all tape, or all glue or a mixture of both ......I think the very first bonding is the most worrisome for most wearers, especially if you have never worn before [ I had some idea of what to do as I used to be in this hair `` club`` with a salon for a regular fee ] It`s not as tricky as you might think --personally I feel that for a person not used to it, it can be surprising at how quickly and strongly the glue and lace will bond so, as Ruulkasar said, it you misalign the system it can be `` messy`` to correct it --which is why I suggest the use of strong tapes and contours for the initial bond, and then work away at your own leisure at home if you want a really strong/long bond time by using strong glues ---- at least at home, you will not be under pressure for time, as you may be at a stylists premises. Just my 2 -cents worth. Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: how long did it take u to get the hang of it? - Paul In Ireland - 09-16-2010, 04:08 AM