Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
poly perimiter or all lace???
09-13-2010, 06:21 AM,
poly perimiter or all lace???
i currently wear all french lace units, but i was debating on going with a poly perimiter on my next unit. i've heard they are a little easier to attach and clean-up time is almost none. it seems to me the poly perimiter unit would be harder to remove since the lace release couldn't go through the poly. does anybody wear lace units with poly perimiter?? i would like to get some opinions and views on all lace Vs. lace with poly perimiter. what are the pros and cons??? i'm still trying to figure that out.
09-13-2010, 07:27 AM,
RE: poly perimiter or all lace???
I have posted several times in relation to that type of system -- have a look at ``New Toplace system -before and after pics`` [ it`s moved down to page 2 on the forum ] I have also referred to it in a few long replies on the post `` 2 videos from Norway`` --in relation to your question on releasing the poly -- lace release fluid would probably ``free`` the lace from the glue that bit easier / faster than it would poly. You could always release the front lace part first, fold it backwards, then gradually work on releasing the poly perimeter, working backwards. I do a daily de -bond, so I only use a few short strips of tape on the poly and they just peel off easily enough. I have used glue and done a full -perimeter bond occasionally, and I release the lace front first, then gradually ``work`` the de -bonder in under the poly from the temples ,towards the back until free. Paul.
09-14-2010, 01:27 AM,
RE: poly perimiter or all lace???
can i continue to use the same glue as i have been using on lace if i switch to poly perimiter?? i use mity tite in a dabber bottle. how hard/easy would the unit be to remove & clean with poly perimiter? i have heard that poly is easier to clean and maintain. anybody wear lace with poly perimiter? i want some feedback on experiences with this base. pros & cons. i'm still debating on switching...