Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pictures on the Forum
09-12-2010, 02:10 PM,
Pictures on the Forum
I'm not a professional photogapher, but I have spent a little time around cameras and editing software that I though I might offer a few suggestions for people who want to post pictures on the forum.

First off, try to get the best picture possible. Lighting and stability are key. Even most cell phone cameras can take good pictures if you have good lighting (a fairly bright room or better yet sunlight) and are shooting from a stable position. A tripod works best, but stabilizing your hand against a wall when you are taking a self pic will also work.

All of my pictures that I post get uploaded directly on to my server via my blog, but if you don't have a hosting service, blog software, etc. all you have to do is sign up for a free account at http://www.photobucket.com, upload your pictures there, and simply copy and paste the img link into your post.

I think John was asking in another thread about software to scale down pictures. I use Photoshop to crop and resize my pictures, but for someone who doesn't need full graphic design capabilities a friend of mine turned me on to a cool program from google called Picasa that allows you to do basic editing:

http://picasa.google.com/#utm_campaign=e...rm=picassa

The reason why I like it so much is that it automatically goes through your hard drive and finds your pictures, allowing you to scroll through and view them in one window.

For anyone wanting to resize a picture to post it on the forum all you have to do is double click on the picture in Picasa, and when a larger version of the pic pops up there will be an "export" button at the bottom. Click on that button and it gives you the option to scale down the picture and save it as another file by simply dragging a slide bar or typing in the pixel size you desire.

I see lots of good pictures being posted but it is hard to get an accurate depiction when the pics are too big or too blurry. You might not be trying to win any awards for your hair pics, but hopefully these tips will allow you to get good shots so that other people can really see the masterpiece that is your hair Wink
09-12-2010, 03:43 PM,
RE: Pictures on the Forum
Good one Jrob. I'll add to sticky.
09-12-2010, 07:02 PM,
Thanks JRob ---- have downloaded that and it`s really handy.Best wishes mate -- Paul.
09-12-2010, 09:40 PM,
i use paint shop pro x3 suits my semi advanced requirments.
09-14-2010, 08:31 AM,
There are lots of ways to go about getting good pics. Lots of ways to shoot, lots of hosting services, lots of editing programs.

Here is an example of a good, steady shot in proper lighting:

[Image: IMGP4470.JPG]

Another thing that can come in handy is learning how to use the macro setting on your camera to get detailed close-ups, like this. If I had a little better lighting there would be even better detail:

[Image: IMGP46411.JPG]

Kind of off topic, but if you are looking to get a new phone and want something that can capture good pictures and fantastic video, get an iPhone 4. I had purchased a Toshiba mini HD camcorder to film my upcoming youtube clips, but a few weeks later I picked up the new iPhone. As soon as I shot a couple of test clips with the IPhone I decided to sell the Toshiba. AMAZING 720 HD video. And I always have it with me wherever I go!