Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wants a partial for the front (photo)
09-17-2010, 10:51 AM,
Wants a partial for the front (photo)
This customer wants a smaller unit that will bring his hair line forward and also fill in the recession. We are seeing more and more requests like this. This could be the extent of this customer's recession for many years. Or he could lose the rest. Who knows? That's why going with a partial fill in unit now will lessen the impact of the transition if he continues to lose his hair in the future.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/

Attached Files Image(s)

09-17-2010, 07:01 PM,
RE: Wants a partial for the front (photo)
He`ll get nice realistic coverage there with a partial. I did a post a little while back titled `` Transition worries -a suggestion`` and the picture of this Gentleman is what I had in mind -- if any potential wearer has worse recession than this at the moment, even back to the crown area, I would think a small, light -density partial, bonded at the crown area first, then graduating on to a slightly larger one, would look just like this man is at present [ I know that`s his real hair in the pic, but it`s a good picture of what coverage could be achieved by a much balder person by wearing a series of partials initially ] and you could complete the transition with a full -sized topper. Happily for this guy, he only needs a small partial at the front there and is sensibly taking action now, before the problem becomes worse. He may [ hopefully ] be one of the luckier ones, and not suffer any further recession ----- even if he does, all he has to do is gradually extend backwards with larger systems and no -one will be any the wiser so he`s doing the right thing by acting early. I`m sure he`ll be delighted with his partial when he begins wearing. Paul.
09-20-2010, 07:35 AM,
I'm very interested in a partial to increase the fullness of my frontal area. I have no clue on to make a template for something like that. Plus I'd prefer a partial that I would comb forward to cover my hairline. Is something like that possible? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!
09-26-2010, 09:48 AM,
I only saw your post now [25th] Is it possible to post a pic of your front area? If you only want a partial just enough to cover a small area, I`d suggest using a piece of light cardboard such as from a breakfast cereal box, and cut a piece to approximately the size/ shape of the area you want covered. When you are satisfied you have the required size, wrap a few layers of cling- film over it and make it more rigid with strips of tape [ sellotape is fine] Then just slit the edge to release / take out the cardboard --you can trim the edge and the excess layer of film underneath, so you are just left with the top bit ----- i`m probably making it sound complex --it`s not. When you make a `normal`template for a system, you first place a large piece of film over the bald area and long enough to allow you tie it under you chin to hold it in place while you apply layers of sellotape and/or more film. With a small partial, you`ll only be needing a small-ish, maybe oval -shaped template. It would be hard to try to place a few layers of tape in alternate directions on a loose piece of film and have the thing to sit obediently while you work ! The use of a piece of cardboard, the correct size and area, will allow you to wrap some film around it, make it rigid with layers of tape, and you can then just discard the piece of card --I hope you get the idea anyway --sorry for being long-winded !! The type of hair you now have will dictate your style on the order --if it`s short, straight, wavy etc. If you want the hair to be `tightly` forward, mark the template with some arrows showing your preferred hair -direction and the factory will ventilate the hair as you request. You might consider freestyle which will tend to take on or `lean`to whatever way you style/comb it and after a little wear and it settles in, put a very very light coat of knot -sealer on the knots ( the underside of the system )and this will also help `lock`the hair into lying a particular way. I hope that helps -- Paul.