Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
could i do this hair style with a full cap
08-24-2010, 02:41 AM,
could i do this hair style with a full cap
hey, i am considering of ordering my hair piece, a full cap.
i already post a few weeks ago to have informations and i learned a lot of things...
i'm 21
why a full cap? because my hair are really not good and i will never have the same texture and color between the side and the top if i don't take a fullcap

this is the style i planned to have : [Image: 3677948671_8b61604aa5.jpg]

i've already tried this style with my own hair and it looks to be good... now i can't any more because my hair became really too curly and thin and my front line very bad...

but my question now is would i be able to do again cornrow like this
(not me on the photo)

[Image: 31791ca276rnrows.jpg.jpg]

[Image: david-beckham-hairstyle-cornrows-9-750578.jpg]

or there is not way we can do this with a full cap?

i have one more question,
i still don't know how do i draw a front hairline on the template, and the side...i mean how do i know how "low" (i mean far on the face) i can go without having ventilation probleme

ps Confusedorry my english is not that good.
08-24-2010, 06:30 AM,
RE: could i do this hair style with a full cap
The first picture is probably the easiest style to pull off with a full cap. With the right density it will look like a perfectly natural head of hair.

The cornrows I'm not too sure about. In theory I'm sure it could be done, but you would have to have a flawless attachment and I would worry that the bond might tend to pull away from your skin. Plus it might cause the unit to shed prematurely.

I would love to see someone do it though.....
08-24-2010, 06:52 AM,
yes the first one is i think the thing i will do firt but i can't have long hair all the time... i really like to change my hair style very often ( or i used to...) so this is why i prefer to know before what i could and what i could not do before i buy it...

so for you the cornrows is very difficult to made because we have to pull the hair so strong that the full cap isn't going to fix enough your head or the hair are going to fall from the base ?

i wasn't seeing the probleme there... i thought it couldn't be done becose the frontline would be to expose and the side too....

but now that you told me that if i buy a full cap i'm probably not going to try cornrow because i don't want to have to buy a new one so early...
thx a lot Jrob again for the answers...

ps : if you find someone who is ready to try the cornrow with the full cap try to post some pictures ^^
08-24-2010, 08:43 AM,
i was surfing on the forum and i found those pictures post by BA707 ( i don't know if it is him or not) but it is suppose to be a full cap, is it really ?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=271]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=272]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=273]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=274]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=275]

seriously is it really a full cap ? because i think it is just FANTASTIC...
what are the specs of this if it is a full cap
i didn't thing we could do side this short with a full cap ...

ps : just on the last picture, the front line seems strange... but even with this i think it is fantastic...
it really give me back my smile when i see this.. because that mean even young people (like student) i don't know if the wearer is a student but he could... can wear a piece...
08-25-2010, 12:49 AM,
I don't think it would be practical to try pull off a cornrow with a full cap.

Those pictures you posted look like a fullcap to me. I wear a hairstyle similar to that. Thing I love is you don't have to worry about colour, texture length or hiding the lace on the edge of your topper. On the nape (back of the neck you can make out where his real hair begins, because of the bump). Hairline and temples look really good in that picture. It's just your imagination that they aren't right. Your trying to find fault in the picture. No one's face or hairline is perfectly symetrical. If you stair at one particular feature on a person for too long it stands out as being strange. I used to do it with people's noses.

If I were you I would begin with the first style you mentioned. There is alot of wiggle room with that style. Imperfections are easily disguised. Great thing about a fullcap is, you can quickly change styles. Once you become better at wearing hair you can always try the cornrow style. Please post a picture afterwards, I would love to see it done. I'm sure JRob would too!

My advice for making a template is; look on youtube for how to make a template. Also look at many pictures of various hairlines, start to think of a hairline as something that frames the face. Choose shapes that will suit you and hopefully you will end up with a natural look.
08-25-2010, 06:40 AM,
I agree with the JRob on the cornrows. That's hard on hair---both a person's own hair and the hair on a hair system. It would cause the unit to shed and for those that do it with their own hair it causes traction alopecia. I don't know if those pictures that were posted above are a full cap or not but they very well could be. You can do anything with a full cap. Remember those photos of JRob with a mohawk?
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
08-25-2010, 07:49 AM,
thx a lot again for your answer, i think i'm gonna start make a template and order my first full cap because even if i hope i can wait 1 ou 2 year before wearing a piece (thx to toppik) it will make me so much better to know that i have a real solution for the years after...and maybe if i really like it i will shave before and use a full cap alll the time because i wouldn't have to worry anymore about my hair style ...
can we change the hair style with a full cap or is it difficul?
i mean if i first do like the first picture and then i decide to cut the hair can i do a style like the last pictures ... ? (or maybe because of the curl i couldn't....
thx a lot again
08-25-2010, 10:19 AM,
Just realize that with a full cap you have somewhat of a hairline all the way around. Meaning you have base going to an edge of skin - not to an edge of hair. Altohugh people are not usually looking directly at the back and sides you need to be conscious of lift and imperfections all the way around. Best to have a longer style that covers the edge of attachment for as much real estate as possible. JMHO
08-25-2010, 02:30 PM,
(08-25-2010, 06:40 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: I agree with the JRob on the cornrows. That's hard on hair---both a person's own hair and the hair on a hair system. It would cause the unit to shed and for those that do it with their own hair it causes traction alopecia. I don't know if those pictures that were posted above are a full cap or not but they very well could be. You can do anything with a full cap. Remember those photos of JRob with a mohawk?
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/

Here's a new one for ya. Been working on some pictures for the new website. This one didn't make the cut, but you can get a pretty good view of the mohawk:

[Image: SC_0122.1.jpg]
(08-25-2010, 10:19 AM)reubin Wrote: Just realize that with a full cap you have somewhat of a hairline all the way around. Meaning you have base going to an edge of skin - not to an edge of hair. Altohugh people are not usually looking directly at the back and sides you need to be conscious of lift and imperfections all the way around. Best to have a longer style that covers the edge of attachment for as much real estate as possible. JMHO

It's really more about touch than visibility. Even though there is more edge with a full cap, it really isn't any more crucial to have a perfect attachment than it is with a partial unit. As long as the nape is tacked down well you shouldn't have much of a problem.