Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glue Problems
08-21-2010, 09:09 AM,
Glue Problems
Hi all.

My biggest problem, which I can't seem to solve, is in adhering the damn things to my head. People on here talk of bonds; a concept I can only dream of!

Tapes are a joke, they have come unstuck by the time I walk out of the bathroom.

I have tried a number of glues, including Basebond, i-Glue, Perfector Plus, and even Farrell's "Blue Glue." It's always the same, By the middle of day one, the hairline has loosened to the point where I can easily peel the unit off with no real resistance.

If I sleep with the unit on, I have about a 50% chance of finding it lying next to me on the pillow when I wake up (I am apparently a restless sleeper)

I have tried cleaning my scalp vigorously with 99% and then applying scalp protector, but it makes no difference. This is true even if I attach brand new units (although slightly better) so I can't even blame residue.

Perhaps my body just generates a very effective adhesive disolver, lol, but by the morning after application, glue has become little balls of tacky putty, which is easily removable.

Any advice / tips would be much appreciated, as the situation is currently unworkable.

(FYI, my current unit is an all french lace fullcap, but I have ordered a thin skin unit, to see if I have any better success.)
08-21-2010, 09:58 AM,
RE: Glue Problems
Try Got2BGlued styling glue. It's not a hairpiece glue by design, but I love the stuff, and use it for my french lace partial. It cleans up with water, and leaves no residue. It is water soluble, so swimming or any water immersion is out. It takes a good sweat without losing its bond; I get about 3-4 days before a de/reattach. Search this forum for more detailed instructions about use, either posts by Leamon or Mr. New York. It's not for everyone, but I love it.
08-21-2010, 10:30 AM,
Thanks for the tip - I did try this, but got no hold whatsoever - It just refused to dry really - I do think I have some weird body chemistry!!
08-21-2010, 11:50 AM,
(08-21-2010, 10:30 AM)kojakmcfee Wrote: Thanks for the tip - I did try this, but got no hold whatsoever - It just refused to dry really - I do think I have some weird body chemistry!!
when you say with tapes you're even having problems.
With tape, when the unit loosens, what actually is loose.
Is the tape loose and not sticking to you scalp, yet still attached
strongly to the unit (is it lace ?), or is the tape still stuck to your scalp but the unit has lifted off the tape ?

Fred
08-21-2010, 11:52 AM,
Hi Kojak,
Sounds like you've got some unique body chemistry.
You might need to step up the strength of the glue. Have you tried 'Ultra Hold?'
Regards,
John
08-27-2010, 12:49 PM,
OK Try blue liner tape. Also use a liquid pumice soap, several times in the shower. I got my pumice soap at an auto parts store. Scrub hard. uSE 91% ALCOHOL just before. Spray the alcohol directly on the head and wipe...... several times. Have a fan blowing to keep u dry.
08-28-2010, 02:25 AM,
I use ACTIV Aqua Bond 3 and i can wear my piece up to 3 weeks, but after 2 weeks want to reatach it. But i tested it and it holds up 3 weeks on my head, i only have to fix the edges after some days. Btw i sleep with the hair.

http://www.gfh-hair.de/Seiten/haarersatz...nding.html