Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uk list of cutting in stylists?
09-08-2010, 09:42 PM,
RE: uk list of cutting in stylists?
Well I suppose at that price, that is cheap for a Salon --they are usually much more expensive. I have been robbed by Salons and got pretty crap service on top of it, at one in particular, despite the high price I was paying. Again it`s your personal choice as to whether you start off with the Salon or order from Toplace --- unless the Salon provides you with a stock system, you will have to wait, probably the same length of time as from this site due to the fact that they have to make a template of your balding area and send that off to the factory, where it gets into the Q.
Any Salon I dealt with, a template was made and then I had to wait up to 2 moths for delivery /fitting. One thing I would bear in mind if I was you, is that if you order from the Salon, if you then chose to supply your own [via here ] further down the road, the `attitude` of the Salon may not be as helpful [just my own speculation here ] Did she outline the time -frame of their procedure ? Did she tell you she`d make a template and send it off to the factory or did she just tell you she can /will supply a stock system ? I cannot see how she`d happen to have a stock system with your colour and percentage of grey, to hand.
All I`m saying is that [ naturally enough ] she`ll want to sell her system/glues etc. but I cannot see any major advantage in tying yourself to the Salon. I agree with her observations on the expected `life`of a system --it depends on many factors [frequent washings, sweating, products such as gels etc ] --- some guys can get months out of a system, others will not get so long [ my first Toplace system was still in good nick after 6 months ] As to 12 months --- a skin base could well last that long, but real human hair will oxidise from normal things like exposure to sun etc. and will eventually become more brittle and will shed. It`s not an exact science really --depends on many factors. Paul.
09-09-2010, 06:48 AM,
RE: uk list of cutting in stylists?
prob stick to salon till i know the ropes.
umm, and heres the bigg umm,i'v held examined there hair systems but as a newbie, i coudnt tell a really bads one from a good one.hmm,
but i get my £20 consultation fee discounted, and top laces system is £160.for swiss lace.
there going to cut it, and bond for £200.
i mean it was worth it just to get the eye opening advice about my grey sides.
her comment that mens grey is allways lighter at the sides temples and darker at the back.
hence the 40% grey.
just as you mentioned having a pro casting her eye over you and commenting.
and you thinking, well i woudnt have realised that or thought of that or taken that factor into account.
shes happy to cut a 6" peice the more hair the better, better to have the error factor than not enough hair to style, ect.
and she seid i only looked 38, and didnt have any wrinkles, lol
im sold im sold, stick it on me now,lol
i asked what about the wind? she moved her head from side to side as though to say not a prob with modern systems dont be daft.
one of her clients invited her to a party and told everyone, hey yeah this is my stylist.i wear, folk coudnt beleive he did.
im just thankfull, hair replacment is so mature and i wasent born 20 years earlier.
great advice here.
great advice from the salon,
im looking forward to it.
then part of me say, eww hell.
she seid you wont wory how it looks when you walk out of here looking and feeling bloody great.