• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adventurous?
08-18-2010, 11:20 PM,
Adventurous?
Hey guys,

I bond very carefully like so:

1. Full Perimeter with Blue Tape or Walker No Shine Tape
2. iGlue / UltraHold for the front half an inch
3. 1 Diameter tape strip across from front to back with Blue Tape/ Walker No Shine Tape

I usually debond after 1 week (not because it is necessary because the bond is still solid) but because I like to be extra careful and like to keep a clean and fresh head.

My concern:

Does the system keep you from being adventurous? Would you go on roller coaster rides and water parks?

I used to play football with my poly base (wearing a head band) but I was always kinda concerned and as a result, never headed the ball. I used to go to the gym, but realistically speaking, I was never making any direct strain on my system.

So, how would you go about deciding when to say yes and when to say no?

Thank you.
08-20-2010, 12:04 AM,
RE: Adventurous?
In my experience of wearing all -poly systems, with the whole bald area having been coated with two coats of adhesive, you`d be fine /have no worries in relation to any type of sports or even heading a football --no way would it detach, up to at least 2 weeks after being bonded. In warmer weather, the adhesive will become unstable that bit sooner than in cold winter weather.
In relation to lace systems, again, if you intend to go to a water -park, obviously the system will be wet for a prolonged time, so you might want to consider using the Ultrahold for a full perimeter bond, and maybe criss-cross your scalp a bit just to hold the centre of the system --this is more for your own peace of mind. If you intend to partake in these activities, do a good strong bond, first, and then go and enjoy yourself --you really should not have any issues --only thing might be that you won`t get as long a `wear` from that particular bond due to the effects of sweating and moisture on the adhesive, as you can imagine. Paul.
08-20-2010, 04:23 AM,
really? hmm that helps ease my worried mind a bit.

Last week, I have tried a full Blue Tape adhesive, and I thought the bond was EXTRA strong, was very happy with it. I did full perimeter plus a middle strip. When I went to detach, it was very troublesome, very gooey, it took me ages to remove it from my scalp!

So, this week, I tried an all Walker No Shine Tape. Ok, the weather hasnt been great (very humid) and I went swimming (once), but although the bond is still secure and strong, I could feel it kinda moved (?) a bit. And I have noticed the hair isnt getting styled all too properly (probably because the bond has detached a bit and looks like I have more volume). I am pretty sure (cause I used to experience this week in week out with polybases) that after I detach and re attach, all will be looking swell again.

But, definitely, I think Blue Tape wins over Walker No Shine on durability. I just hope Walker No Shine leaves no mess!
08-20-2010, 05:28 AM,
I`m wondering too if you are swimming in a pool or the sea? Either one can be hard on the hair itself, the salt in sea -water, and the chemicals [Chlorine] in public swimming pools. I reckon it would be beneficial to wash /rinse the hair in fresh water after such activities.... there was a post on this some time back as far as I can recall....... can anyone who swims regularly help out with some info here please ??
08-21-2010, 04:05 AM,
yes paul, as soon as I got home, although I didnt remove it, I washed it thoroughly with shampoo.