Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Toplace system, Before & After pics.
08-14-2010, 06:45 AM,
New Toplace system, Before & After pics.
Ok guys -- I posted most of these pics earlier in the week, but as they are at the end of an existing long thread, some might not have seen them. I am posting, with people who are considering wearing, in mind. They might help to take a bit of the `mystery` out of the process, especially for those who have been fed the usual blurb from these `Salons` culminating in a quote for some sky-high price because ```You get what you pay for`` and anything less will be rubbish ---- the only rubbish involved, is the crap story - line!
I wear a system with a poly strip around the perimeter, temple-to-temple via the back . The main part of the system is Swiss lace including the front hairline. I do daily attachments, and sleep with the system removed. If occasions arise when I need a full-perimeter bond, I find the poly very easy to work with -- I simply position the system, glue the front [ lace] part, then fold the system up from the back onto the head, and using a mirror, I apply a thin strip of adhesive to the poly [doesn`t have to cover all the poly-- just the width of the artist brush ] and then just fold it down onto the exposed skin, giving me a nice effective all -around bond.
Usually though, I only use a few dabs of glue on the front, and 3 or 4 strips of tape on the poly --makes the daily removal very hassle -free.The tape can be easily peeled off the poly too, without having to use solvents etc. It`s a matter of preference as to whether I use glue on the poly all the way, or tape, all the way or just an odd dab here and there or a few little strips of tape here and there. I know people have all kinds of different lifestyles, and need or want to have a bond for a few days at a stretch, so it`s purely a matter of choice.
First pic -- my pathetic remaining hair.
Second one, shows the unit, upside down, with the excess lace visible on the front. You simply trim that off from temple to temple with a good scissors --is good to leave a few millimetres of it on, rather than going right back to the actual hairline, as it can be a good `marker`for where to apply the glue, rather than trying to judge with hair `in the way`--you can always trim it back a little further later if you like.
Third -- I`m holding the system, gripping the excess lace, so you can see through it and see that the density will allow for scalp show -through.
Fourth -- 5 short strips of tape [white backing tape attached still] -- I was about to go to the stylist, so wanted a little extra hold, as I usually only use 3. You will note I have trimmed the excess lace off at the front.
Fifth -- system now in position and held on with the tape strips -- front folded up to allow for glue to be applied to scalp-- I don`t mark it with pencil any more as I am just so used to it now.
Sixth and seventh ---un-styled system just sitting on the head -- I only ordered 3 -inch length on this system as my own hair is short --just about got away with it !!
[Think I may have to post in 2 seperate boxes in order to fit all the pics in]
The last 3 pics show the system after being styled --apologies about hte grainy appearance of some of them --this webcam, even though bought new less than a year ago is not the best, but it gives some idea anyway.
Total time taken to style it --10 minutes literally, total cost of cut -in 20 Euros [about 30 Dollars or so ]
Feel free to add comments, good bad or indifferent ----be honest-- I can take it !!! ;-)

Attached Files Image(s)

08-15-2010, 02:44 AM,
RE: New Toplace system, Before & After pics.
This will be added to info link sticky. Great to see a newbie stepping up. Nice post.
08-15-2010, 04:31 AM,
Thanks Snipe. Been here a while but when the site was up-graded recently, I had issues with my old identity and logging -in so I just created a new user -name etc. so it appears I`m newer than I am . Glad you liked the post --just hope it helps people and dispels some of the doubts. Paul.
08-15-2010, 06:37 PM,
I also meant to say, that during the cut-in, the stylist twice commented on how soft the hair was, and she was amazed at the quality --this is a very experienced girl who is well used to hair styling. She said `` I can`t get over how nice the hair is and the softness of it`` --- she was even more amazed at how inexpensive the system is, so for anyone considering a Toplace system, that is an honest bit of feedback. I was well -pleased that she was so impressed and it say`s it all really, about the prices these `Salons`and hair `clubs` charge people........ you DON`T have to pay through the nose in order to boost your self -confidence. Your personal appearance means a lot to most people, and hair loss can be very traumatic on the individual, as I know only too well. In these recessionary times, isn`t it just so good to know there is a
solution to your `situation` which won`t cost you your shirt !!
Very best wishes to everyone on the forums... Paul.
08-17-2010, 03:46 AM,
Hello again Guys, almost a week on from the cut -in of the system, and bearing in mind there is still ``life`` and `` bounce`` in it until it`s been worn a while and washed etc. , I just wanted to post some pics showing the back and also the scalp show-through. I again apologise for the quality of them [i`ll hop the camera off the wall shortly !! ] But just to give an idea of how it looks after less than a week of wear.

Attached Files Image(s)

08-17-2010, 09:32 AM,
it looks great Paul, no one will realise you are wearing.
Why would you remove it on a daily basis? I like to have it sitting there maintenance free as much as possible! Big Grin
08-17-2010, 06:14 PM,
Thanks mrjoejohn. My scalp tends to be oily so I like to lightly shampoo it daily and `freshen up`my own hair too -- I also find I get longer wear out of the system by not sleeping on it, but that`s just me and I know it`s not practical for everyone to remove so frequently. That`s why I only do a `light`bond with tape/adhesive .... to save me time and work with clean-up. I used to be really worried that even 2 millimetres without glue would lead to the system somehow lifting or falling off !!! That was years back when I was with the Salons and was totally ignorant of glues/tapes and how to use them -- now I am so used to how simple it is, it`s just like popping on a hat before going out. All the best with your new system and getting used to attaching etc. It looks great on your post, so don`t let the doubts creep in !!
Paul.
08-24-2010, 06:04 AM,
Looking good Paul!
08-24-2010, 09:17 AM,
Thanks JRob --good to see you back again. Your in -put is always appreciated by many on the forum. Paul.
08-24-2010, 02:16 PM,
I can't really tell what I think given the low picture quality of the photos.