Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forward Ventilation
08-21-2010, 01:12 AM,
RE: Forward Ventilation
I'll look through my pics, but I get some bad looking hl from time to time due to not stretching the piece on just right, I always find a way to pull the hair down or side part it to cover up area.

I'll post some if I don't have any out there on my photobucket site.

If you put arrows or use forward vent, that is what you'll get.

Even with flat back front i can cover hl if i want, granted it's not gonna lay comepletely flat on your forehead but it will lay flat enough to cover hl mistakes. That also lends to some cool hair in the front too.

I think for you, all freestyle with spikey front. Almost positive you'll love this, best combo to achieve most hair styles.

And if I can cover hl with flat back front, spikey is no prob because I've had that before.
08-24-2010, 06:22 AM,
Almost all of my units have been forward ventilation. You can still spike the hair using hair product, I do it all the time. It works great for a semi-exposed hairline like I usually wear.
08-25-2010, 06:50 AM,
Here's one thing to keep in mind about ventilation--the knots are not permanently fixed in a specific direction. They can be if you use knot sealer. But in a normal unit the hair is ventilated in the direction that you specify. But the knots 'turn' after a few washings. So if you order a freestyle unit and you style it in a left break style than eventually the knots will turn in that direction as you comb the hair in that style.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
09-21-2010, 06:34 PM,
whats the purpose of knot sealer?
09-21-2010, 06:48 PM,
Knot sealer is a strong adhesive applied on very thinly, which literally seals / locks the knots and prevents them unravelling, so helping to prevent shedding. I tend to use it almost immediately the system arrives, as it`s a freestyle system, but is probably a good idea to wait until after a wash or two until the system has settled into whatever way you tend to style it, then seal the knots. Paul.
09-21-2010, 08:45 PM,
Look at the `` Info links for newbies`` posted by Snipe up at the top of the page --there is plenty good information and videos covering many important topics --how to apply knot sealer is covered. Paul.
09-23-2010, 06:03 PM,
thanks alot paul youre great help
09-23-2010, 07:51 PM,
No problem Hollisterco --you`re very welcome....... I enjoy helping to `` shine a light`` onto the world of wearing, for people considering it, and hopefully help prevent anyone falling for a lot of the crap stories spun by these over -priced hair clubs/ salons and parting with large wads of hard -earned cash. The systems you buy from them are almost all manufactured in China- - same as the ones you buy off here ----- I can see no justification for charging a client anything up to/over 2 thousand dollars for a system, when Toplace will supply you the same system including delivery, for around 10% of that cost !!!! All you have to do is secure a stylist, buy some adhesives and de -bonder products and do your own attachments----yes it can be a steep learning curve as it`s a totally ``new`` part of your life, but hey, it`s got to be better than going out constantly bothered / demented about the shine on the top of your head where your hair used to be !!! There is plenty info on here ----especially in Snipe`s ``Info links`` above, including video tutorials --- have a good look through them and take heart --- you CAN do it !!
Finally, it may seem obvious to many, but just to clarify one thing re knot -sealer for anyone who is new to this world......... you only use it on LACE systems, on the underside of the system, as the hair is tied/knotted into the lace, and the knots are visible/accessible, whereas with an all- polyurethane or skin system, you do not have to `worry` about it as the hair is injected into the base and a layer of poly covers the `roots` so you don`t actually see them, and there are no knots which might become undone.
Best wishes to all forum -readers. Paul.
09-24-2010, 05:46 AM,
Hey Paul thanks for picking up for me. This has turned out to be a great thread, sticky material...