Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first (Stock)Unit
08-07-2010, 11:40 AM,
My first (Stock)Unit
I forgot to say thank you. The hair is realy fantastic.
Nobody nothiced anything.
Since i am shaving my head for 5 jears, everyone thinks i have fullhair, because i painted the hairline with Dermmatch and TOPPIK. So now they believe i only let my hair grow.
I am a student and had 2 Month vacation. During this time i let my hair grow and i was hidding in my little homecave with my girlfriend. Big Grin This was not a easy time, because i had to use a hat, everytime i go outside, but it was worth it.
Now, everytime i look in the mirror is like a "wow, i cant believe it" moment and you should see my Girldfriend. Haha i can say she likes it too Big Grin

This piece is my first one, it was a sfs lace stock unit, with 65-70% density, freestyle, body wave, and 6" hair length.
I have cutted all myslef (lace and hair) and it worked realy good, easier than i thought. I still use toppik on the side for a better hairline, but not very much. The hair on the piece is 3,5cm long and my own is maybe 2.

Everyday during the last 4 weeks i have heard a compliment. So i think its undetectable^^. I hope so^^ But who cares i feel me good and thats the important part.

Realy better and mysteriously easier than i expected.Maybe one of the best decisions in my life so far. haha

Sorry for my bad mobilephone camera and my bad face painting skills (i am not realy an artist)Big Grin
I have used styling Products in the Photos. The third Photo looks a bit like the hairline is not right, but thats only because i styled the hair to the front in this Picture.
Its not that perfect, but i think i am going to be better and better with the time.

By the way, my own hair status is something between Norwood 3 and 4.

Attached Files Image(s)

08-07-2010, 08:27 PM,
RE: My first (Stock)Unit
Congratulations -- looks really good and well -done for being able to do it all yourself. I`m sure you`re delighted with the outcome.... you sound like it anyway ! Paul.
08-12-2010, 01:12 PM,
Looks good and congrats on doing it all yourself.

As for the Dermatch on the sides, consider flaps, you will have much better results and no Dermatch hassles.

I went with flaps and it has worked out great.
08-12-2010, 01:20 PM,
hi thanks.

What is flaps, i dont find it in the net?

Edit: Ah k, i will consider it whit the next piece.
The stock unit didnt have such long sides, so i could make that for my first one.
08-13-2010, 12:19 AM,
In order to get a really good fit, personal to yourself, you need to make a template of your head. You can include Flaps on your template. Flaps are an ``extra`` piece which comes down from the temples, in front of your ears to blend in / onto your side burns. A stock system would be just the basic head-shape [ oval ] with nothing `extra``, so in order to avoid having to use the concealer products which you say you are using, I would suggest you make a nice template with the flaps on it from the temple area down towards/onto your side burns in front of your ears. I`m not an expert in this area, so maybe Snipe will add a bit more of his expertise here. The stock systems are fine, but for a more detailed/perfect fit for your particular head shape and your individual needs, I would suggest making a template and your next system will be tailor -made for you. Cheers, Paul.
08-13-2010, 08:53 AM,
You did a VG job of cutting it in on the sides. Did you use thinning shears or clippers?
08-13-2010, 11:36 AM,
The info links has an easy step by step method for making a template. Check it out.