Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone tried this?
08-01-2010, 10:09 AM,
Anyone tried this?
I was talking to a tape manufacturer the other day and she asked what we used to break the bond. I said 'either lace release or 90% rubbing alcohol.' She then asked me if I've ever used olive oil. I said no. Has anyone ever tried this to remove a unit?
08-02-2010, 10:03 AM,
RE: Anyone tried this?
(08-01-2010, 10:09 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: I was talking to a tape manufacturer the other day and she asked what we used to break the bond. I said 'either lace release or 90% rubbing alcohol.' She then asked me if I've ever used olive oil. I said no. Has anyone ever tried this to remove a unit?

I will try it tonight..
08-02-2010, 11:52 AM,
(08-02-2010, 10:03 AM)skeeter Wrote:
(08-01-2010, 10:09 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: I was talking to a tape manufacturer the other day and she asked what we used to break the bond. I said 'either lace release or 90% rubbing alcohol.' She then asked me if I've ever used olive oil. I said no. Has anyone ever tried this to remove a unit?

I will try it tonight..

Any "oil" should work. The only problem is that you've got to make sure you get the lace REALLY clean after or else your glue/tape won't adhere very well for your next attachment.

Smile
Fred
08-03-2010, 01:06 AM,
Thanks for testing that out, Fred. Sounds like it is more hassle than it's worth. But if you're in a pinch and don't have lace release or rubbing alcohol on hand then it's an alternative to get the job done.