Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blonde full cap querie
07-31-2010, 07:57 PM,
Blonde full cap querie
I would like to go sandy blonde for a full cap. my natural hair colour for my sideburns and slightly higher up is about #6. I tried this idea ages ago and tried bleaching my sideburns but after only a couple of days i was seeing regrowth which i thought looked odd. Rebleaching each week ended giving my skin in that area a sore rash... Has anyone else tried having different coloured hair than their natural colour? Would it look weird if i left my sideburns my natural colour?
07-31-2010, 09:39 PM,
RE: Blonde full cap querie
When you say you `` bleached`` your own hair do you mean you used actual bleach? While not claiming to be an expert, I can and do colour my own hair from it`s natural brown/black-ish colour, to all - black. I use the proper colouring products to do so [ creme peroxide mixed with a colour creme which comes in a tube rather like toothpaste] which I buy from a Salon -supplies shop. I would think/surmise that if your own hair is on the dark/er side, it would be more difficult to lighten it, say , to a blonde colour, rather than the other way around. Whatever you used, sounds to me like it`s not meant to be used on skin -- I could be totally wrong as I don`t know exactly what you used, but I am purely guessing, that the kind of bleach used to bleach knots, wouldn`t be intended to be used directly on hair which is growing on a person -- I am totally open to correction here, as I said, I have never used bleach on knots as my units are 1b colour, so quite dark. Maybe others who bleach their knots could chip in here ? Regards, Paul.
08-01-2010, 02:49 AM,
Hi Anubi 5,
When your own hair on your sideburns grew out the darker roots came out. And that caused you to have to re-bleach each week. You have a couple of options. You could just shave off your sideburns and we could build them into the full cap and make everything the same color. Or you could keep your sideburns and blend them into the blonde full cap. Without seeing your hair style it's difficult to advise you on how this would look but I can tell you that it's definitely possible. It's not uncommon for sideburns to be a different color--especially as a guy grows older---his sideburns and temples usually go gray before the rest of his hair.
Regards,
John
08-01-2010, 02:21 PM,
I have the cap ending roughly where the ears are at the face and then goes up to front hair line. Not sure what is meant by blending it. You mean have some of the hair of the cap to be same colour as my hair?
08-04-2010, 02:17 PM,
yes, that's right.
08-11-2010, 04:20 PM,
My full caps have small "stubs" for sideburns which integrate right into my beard.

None of my full caps have been the same color as my facial hair, and they look great. As long as it doesn't clash with your eyebrows it should work fine.