Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold Feet, anyone?
08-01-2010, 07:21 PM,
RE: Cold Feet, anyone?
tnmark --I wouldn`t have the nerve to do my own cut -in. I know I`d make a complete mess of it. I`m fine to do a bit of a ``nip-and-tuck`` once the stylist does the main thing--I assume this was your first hair system? Can you post a pic of how it looks?
Kevin --I think there is less stigma attaching now to wearing,as people in various walks of life, are candid about the fact they are wearing. I admire that guy on the `` 2 Videos from Norway`` post ----he`s so candid. The way I rationalise it is, if I was missing my front teeth, I`d get a denture fitted rather than looking at a big gap every time I open my mouth to speak, and the same with hair loss. It`s simply a prosthetic. You asked about the hair length --my hair is quite short too [and fine] --I ordered 3 -inch length this time, simply to save the stylist the bother of cutting a lot of hair off ---your stylist will not have a particular issue with the hair being long --after all, if a person with long hair arrived in and asked for it to be shortened/ cut in, it`s not an issue for them. You`d be surprised after only a few minutes of sitting in the chair and the cutting proceeding, as how `realistic` it begins to look and you begin to resemble a person with a full head of their own hair. Try my suggestion Kevin --simply try a few local stylists by arriving in to them with the system in a bag and show it to them [to take the ``mystery`` out of it ] --just ask and eventually you`ll find someone who`s game to try it. Just assure them that there is no need to worry about `damaging`it ---after all, it`s not exactly rocket -science, Hair is hair, the only difference is that this hair is not growing from your head. My stylist actually enjoys doing the cut -ins for me now --as she say`s it`s something a bit different from washing endless grubby scalps ! They can layer -in the hair onto your own. Try to leave your own grow down at the back -- it looks more natural and the stylist can leave a bit of length on the system to blend in at the neck.
Another thing I thought of lately --- you know those salons you`d see in larger towns, which do hair -braiding and hair extensions, and hair -pieces for women of African descent? I`m sure they`d be well -used to styling systems/half-systems. I`ve seen those shops and they even have these partial hair pieces hanging on display in the windows ---surely they would be well -able to style a system ? Just a thought if all else fails . I`m sure I saw a post a while back with a few names/addresses of stylists in the north of England though --obviously that involves travel, but shouldn`t be too much of a hassle by rail from Scotland. but you`re very welcome here if you want to use my stylist. Anyway, no doubt you`ll decide what to do-- if you want my e mail, John has it so you can E mail him for it. Cheers for now -- Paul.

Messages In This Thread
Cold Feet, anyone? - kevinme - 07-27-2010, 06:32 AM
RE: Cold Feet, anyone? - jball - 07-27-2010, 07:21 AM
RE: Cold Feet, anyone? - Paul In Ireland - 07-28-2010, 05:16 AM
RE: Cold Feet, anyone? - tnmark - 08-01-2010, 08:02 AM
RE: Cold Feet, anyone? - kevinme - 08-01-2010, 12:32 PM
RE: Cold Feet, anyone? - Paul In Ireland - 08-01-2010, 07:21 PM
RE: Cold Feet, anyone? - tnmark - 08-04-2010, 01:06 PM
RE: Cold Feet, anyone? - Paul In Ireland - 08-04-2010, 06:29 PM
RE: Cold Feet, anyone? - Paul In Ireland - 08-12-2010, 06:42 AM
RE: Cold Feet, anyone? - kevinme - 08-26-2010, 09:35 AM
RE: Cold Feet, anyone? - Paul In Ireland - 08-28-2010, 07:12 PM