Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold Feet, anyone?
08-28-2010, 07:12 PM,
RE: Cold Feet, anyone?
Dying to hear of how you got on today ..... I`m sure it will be fine, but totally understand the anxiety --- it`s normal. Wearing is a learning curve, but there is plenty help and info here any time you have an issue... do let us know how it went.. Paul.
08-29-2010, 04:49 AM,
Hello Paul,

Thanks for your reply and interest.

It felt scary yet liberating, shaving off my little tuft at the front that I used to side sweep to the side and conceale. but saying that i feels great at the moment. The Stylist was great her name's Bobbi, really friendly and open and if anyone is stuck in Glasgow or Scotland - I'd recommend going to her for it..
So far so good!!!
My only fear is if people will notice, but I suppose we all felt like that didn't we? I've not told anyone about it so hopefully it goes ok!!!
My only paranoia is looking in mirrors fearing it looks 'wiggy' but I'm thinking so far it's been ok - it's spiked a bit and i think becaues I've had short hair for ages, that I'm maybe just a bit nervous about that...

Well, that's me back from my first cut in! wow! scary but a lot o' fun, esp walking back in the wind from the Train.
It feels so strange also I was a bit scared going out into the 'Open' but so far, no strange looks or people staring at my head. It's a bit longer than I had with Concealer but I have a slight recession in the hair as well whih is great.

I'm going out tonight with a friend, and I'm happy, nervous and happy and nervous haha - incase someone says something. So far, if I can count the general public no looks.
It's maybe a bit spikey and different from my concealer/slaphed.

Onlyl problem is a little lift at the front, but away to fire some glue on that now before I go out..

Well, Hope tonight goes wellSmile

nerves but feel great too!!!

thanks everyone
08-29-2010, 07:17 AM,
Well done Kevin !! I`m really delighted you finally did it ---- I know how daunting it can be, but, no turning back now --onward and upward !! Will take a while to get used to the ``new you`` and you`ll be glued to every mirror and shop window as you walk past to get a glimpse of how you look....... all part of getting used to it all. There are always mixed emotions after your first cut-in........ take a bow mate, as it does take a bit of nerve --- it wasn`t too bad for me as I went to a salon so I was kind of reassured that they were well -used to it all, where as a person who has never worn or attached, and maybe who is not ``sure`` of the stylist, would be even more apprehensive, so really well done -- and thanks for sharing your story here,as I`m sure others who are on the fence, will be reassured by it.
If you have any issues/questions in the short term, just leave a post here , but I`m sure you`ll be fine!! Cheers for now. Paul.
09-12-2010, 09:58 PM,
nice post kev!
im not sure but maybee iv hit the nail on the head here,
i rekon the brain somehow has imagery of a 1970's rug in its library.
when youre wearing for the first few times, when in fact youre in the 21st century wearing state of the art hair.
prob alot better than explaining conealer,
but as with everything easier seid than done.
good job.i'll be following in youre steps in a few weeks.
ohh p's!! (gulp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) lol
09-14-2010, 03:13 AM,
i truly can understand what you feel, but nobody noticed that i wear, realy.
I was a bit paranoid but it goes with the time.
It was my greatest fear, but it never happend. The only one who ask me if i have done something was my father, he is bald too and he ask more for him self because want also have hairs ^^ and he knew that i have also that problem (under my concealers).

He thougt i got a little medical help^^, i told him that i wear (because its my father) and he never thougt that would be a wig Big Grin More a hairtransplantation ore with medicals or something like that.

But everyone else who knows me only with concealers didnt noticed anything.
09-23-2010, 06:15 PM,
its funny how if its rogaine or propecia people are totally cool with it but if u would say its a wig they just weird out, anyway kevin just wanted to know if you could post some pics up id like to see how it went for a first time wearer