Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 videos from Norway - comments?
08-26-2010, 04:12 PM,
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments?
(08-26-2010, 07:07 AM)mrjoejohn Wrote: hi apollo

youre welcome.

me too am gonna buy myself an exercise band/base this time just to see how it compares to my all lace unit.

the products I use are:
Ultrahold glue for the front hairline bit
Walker No Shine Tape, and Blue Liner Tape for the perimeter area

Ultrahold glue is really really strong....

Hi Joejohn!

Once again thank you very much for all the information - I'm sure this will be very helpful once I start my "new" hair career ;-)

One last question though:

I've always been used to go to a salon and have my conventional piece glued to my head with very strong and transparent liquid glue which is "painted" both on the perimeter of my head and vice versa on the piece - and then after drying for about 10-15 minutes the two are put together forming a very strong bond which lasts easily for a month.

Using this type of liquid glue, the stylist have always recommended to have a 1mm (0,04 inch) thick hairline around the perimeter of my own scalp where they put on the glue - this is supposed to make the bonding extra durable. To do this, my piece have to extend past my bald area as the sides and back of the hairpiece where they put on the glue is about half an inch to an inch wide (1-2 cm).
PS. Hope you understand what I am trying to explain here...hehe).

I guess the theory behind this is that my own hair will sort of grow into the glue mass and that way make it stick longer and better as opposed to putting glue on a hairless shiny scalp where the glue only have your scalp to hang on to ;-) My experience with this is that most of the times the glue will stick better to my scalp than to my hairpiece and so the theory is proven!

So finally to my question... I have never used tape only around the sides and back to attach a hair system and I am wondering if the tape strips will stick better if there is some hair for them to attach to on your own head or will you get a better bond if you tape the piece to a shiny, hairless scalp? :-)
If so I should order a system which is a bit smaller in size than the one I'm using now...

PS. Feel free to share your own experience with this too, Paul in Ireland or anybody else :-)

Regards!

Apollo2009

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments? - apollo2009 - 08-26-2010, 04:12 PM