Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Photo of a full cap
12-06-2010, 01:57 PM,
RE: Photo of a full cap
You may have answered this elsewhere Anubi5, but have you considered wearing just a partial hairpiece (a toupee) instead of a full wig. It would be a good deal cheaper and easier to get the order right. Are your sides and back sufficiently strong to allow you to wear just a toupee?
12-06-2010, 03:42 PM,
(12-06-2010, 01:57 PM)Baldrich Wrote: You may have answered this elsewhere Anubi5, but have you considered wearing just a partial hairpiece (a toupee) instead of a full wig. It would be a good deal cheaper and easier to get the order right. Are your sides and back sufficiently strong to allow you to wear just a toupee?

I always had issues with the colour never matching and always looking shit after a couple of washes. There was always a brassyness to the wig hair straight out and mine doesnt have brassyness. Also shine, wigs always have it, my hair doesnt. I thought of trying to go back to partial, I decided to grow my hair back under the full cap a few days ago, not sure how thick it is still. If I can get a full cap to look like the full cap of JRob in this thread then Id be happy. But "JROB" please answer this for me. Put your finger on the back of your head and push the lace then rub slightly with the same amount of pressure as if you were rubbing a mark off the wall.... You can feel the roughness can't you? It doesn't feel like a normal scalp. That's another problem Im trying to combat with a full cap. The only way to cover up that feeling is a high density. I have had 3 partners who have touched that area and straight away have said "OMG why does your scalp feel like that?" The knots and lace are detectable to touch. I don't know how toplace and everyone describe swiss lace as virtually undetectable. I have a few toplace pieces leftover and they also have that roughness when you rub them even though the density is less so the knots are smaller. It's a hard thing to figure out. You can't get away with it. Either way causes problems.
12-06-2010, 09:05 PM,
Hi guys..Attached is a picture of JRob wearing a full cap...the other chap with the short hair one is Dino [just for clarification ! ] ... I`m wondering if your issue with detectability-to-the-touch is caused by the higher-density system you are wearing...obviously more hair means more knots? ...I can honestly say I can`t feel anything like that on my partial [swiss lace with a density of around 55%] ... so that`s possibly the cause although you say you have old systems with lower density and you can feel those too.... it`s an `odd`one to me......... also, when systems are dispatched from the factory, normally they are sprayed with a silicone substance which gives them that shine..... it wears off after a few washes..... might be an idea to get hold of a silicone-base `finishing`spray and spray your own hair to match .....just a suggestion. Have you tried the ``back to natural`` colour blender ? That should iron out the problem of colour-blend for you.. Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-06-2010, 10:54 PM,
Anubi5

I tend to agree with Paul. I can't really feel anything strange when i touch the Swiss lace base of my piece (which is a topper), and colour and shine can be sorted out with 'product'. I know it is not a very helpful thing to say, but maybe it comes down to the materials in the wigs you're using? It is hard doing something like this on a tight budget.

As for the photos, Rob and Dino are the poster boys for men's full wigs, and their results are very impressive, but it doesn't follow that everyone can expect the same results, at least without a fight. I have been reading Dino's posts over quite a few years, and he has had a lot of problems with his hairpieces, and been busted a few times. He wears a full wig because his sides have given up the ghost and he has no choice. Rob actually runs some kind of hairpiece-related business. So neither of these people's results can be taken as the norm.
12-07-2010, 12:07 AM,
Sorry, yes Dinos picture.... So jsut checking there is no product in that picture of Dino to make the hair lay that flat. I want mine to sit that flat. Without the use of product... Im tired of using product lol. I want it to feel normal for once.
12-07-2010, 06:41 PM,
Anubi5: I have something I want to mention to you off-line; would you email me on keltinthedelta at yahoo.com ? Replace at with @
12-16-2010, 06:21 PM,
(12-06-2010, 03:42 PM)anubi5 Wrote: If I can get a full cap to look like the full cap of JRob in this thread then Id be happy. But "JROB" please answer this for me. Put your finger on the back of your head and push the lace then rub slightly with the same amount of pressure as if you were rubbing a mark off the wall.... You can feel the roughness can't you? It doesn't feel like a normal scalp.

Actually, no, there is a little roughness from the French lace, but nothing that would make anyone suspect anything. I have had a couple of units in the past that were made with too low of a density that had single hairs ventilated in the back which made the "return" (which is essentially stubble from the other end of the hair) feel prickly. Those two units were DEFINITELY detectable, but that was the only time I have ever seen that happen.
(12-06-2010, 10:54 PM)Baldrich Wrote: As for the photos, Rob and Dino are the poster boys for men's full wigs, and their results are very impressive, but it doesn't follow that everyone can expect the same results, at least without a fight. I have been reading Dino's posts over quite a few years, and he has had a lot of problems with his hairpieces, and been busted a few times. He wears a full wig because his sides have given up the ghost and he has no choice. Rob actually runs some kind of hairpiece-related business. So neither of these people's results can be taken as the norm.

Hey Baldrich,

There were certainly some growing pains when I switched to a full cap (Dino made the transition soon after I did), and there is a learning curve to hair replacement in general, but the pics on this thread of that full cap were nothing more than a standard Toplace unit ordered from a template and cut in by a stylist. Heck, Dino doesn't even use a stylist. He cuts all of his units himself!

So yes, I agree, you do have to put the time in before you will really get the hang of it, but the good thing is a few of us have already worked out some of the kinks so it isn't like it was a couple of years ago when there were only a very small handful of guys doing the full cap thing. Lots more support and knowledge out there nowadays.