Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
longer styles: what if you bow your head or when you jump up/down?
06-25-2010, 11:14 PM,
longer styles: what if you bow your head or when you jump up/down?
Hello,
I'm wearing a longer style about 11 inches all over, light url. As I'm an on-stage performer, I actually have to bow my head from time to time e.g. at the end of the concert - I avoided that so far, and recently I checked it recording myself on a video cam.

Although I'm currently wearing a hair piece of lower quality (not Toplace, but will be putting on my new TL unit this weekend), I can say, that it looks kinda weird: The toupet simply hangs down, while my own hair stays more smoothly to the head... the same thing, when I jump and go down back to the ground.

Do you know about that issue? Do (even today's) hair wearers avoid bowing their heads?

It seems like a "principle" problem of longer hairstyles to me, and I'm not so optimistic that this one could change with a better quality unit... I already considered going for a full cap, measured the PROs and CONs and decided to stay with a topper.
06-26-2010, 10:17 AM,
RE: longer styles: what if you bow your head or when you jump up/down?
Uncle Donald,
There could be several causes for this including the density of the system not matching your own hair density. But we need to know more about the situation. Do you have photos you can provide?
Regards,
John
06-27-2010, 08:21 AM,
I would guess that you will probably face this somewhat unique issue as long as you wear a partial unit. A full cap is going to "flow" more naturally all the way around. Of course it has several other advantages and disadvantages, but I can't think of any way you could get a partial unit to reliably move exactly like you natural hair moves.

Kind of on a side note, but one of the cool benefits to going with a full cap for me was that I no longer had a mismatch when I would wake up in the morning where my hairpiece hair was going ten different directions and my natural hair was always laying down against my head.
06-27-2010, 11:28 AM,
I never understood why the piece hair behaves different from real hair, they are BOTH real human hair, what is it that they do to the piece hair to make it NOT do the same thing? I know its not "Growing" hiar but ALL hair is dead, once the hair grows out from your scalp it is dead. It should just be a matter of giving the piece a little oil or conditioner to make up for the natural oils, right? I don't know why the 2 should not move, lay, and beahve the same being they are the same thing.....
06-29-2010, 07:25 AM,
(06-27-2010, 11:28 AM)hairagain Wrote: I never understood why the piece hair behaves different from real hair, they are BOTH real human hair, what is it that they do to the piece hair to make it NOT do the same thing? I know its not "Growing" hiar but ALL hair is dead, once the hair grows out from your scalp it is dead. It should just be a matter of giving the piece a little oil or conditioner to make up for the natural oils, right? I don't know why the 2 should not move, lay, and beahve the same being they are the same thing.....

It probably has to do with several factors. My guess is that:

1) Since the cuticle is removed the hair has a slightly different "consistency"

2) Natural hair tends to grow from the scalp in a certain direction, and although the hairpiece hair is ventilated to lay in a similar manner, the fact is that there are still various types of knots used, and the knotting itself which usually creates a "V" in each hair changes the way the hairpiece hair moves

Styling products are a hairwearers best friend. For short hair they can help to keep the hair in place, thus avoiding issues such as this, but I can certainly see why longer hair might create a challenge that can't be overcome by a little gel or wax Sad