Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using tape on edges
06-23-2010, 12:37 AM,
using tape on edges
guys when using tape, such as walker no shine are you always meant to use glue on the very edge? I've also bought oil resistant white glue. both in the post.

How do you guys attach your tape?

at the moment im experimenting with got2b glued spiking gel and still trimming the base and hair. Taking my time as im using very short side hair. If its good enough ill put pics up.
06-24-2010, 01:21 AM,
RE: using tape on edges
I use tape right up to the edge. If there's gaps between the pieces of tape I fill it in with white glue (either Base Bond or I Glue). I use Walker No Shine tape and it works great. It's thin enough so that it disappears and the hair unit looks undetectable.
06-27-2010, 08:00 AM,
Taping inside the edge and using a thin line of glue right at the perimeter will give you the best result, but I personally don't have the patience to do it that way. It would really benefit me with my full cap mohawks to have a glued edge since the french lace coupled with the tape makes the back edges prone to lifting.

Maybe I need to suck it up and start practicing a technique to glue the edge. The extra couple of days I can get form the attachment would make up for the extra attachment time....
06-27-2010, 08:02 AM,
or just get or make a really gud glue dispenser giving a nice it even glue perimeter. brushing it on is abit longer
06-27-2010, 08:09 AM,
I should note that my method is to apply the tape a tiny fraction of an inch on the outside of the lace. This provides a bit of a transition by creating a sort of a "step" so when you run your hands across the edge you get a less noticeable ridge.

John asked in the past if this makes the tape visible. I don't use this method at the hairline, only on the sides and back where it isn't exposed.