Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shortcut Questions
06-22-2010, 02:54 AM,
Shortcut Questions
Hello everybody Smile

I am 26 and from Germany. I loose my hair since i am 18.
With the age of 22 i startet to shave my hair to 1-2 mm and use Dermmatch and a bit Toppik to cover the bald spots. So the effect was fantastic, everyone knows me with realy short, but full hair. I never had a problem with that method, because i have a bit darker skin (my father comes from arabia) and i have a nice headshape.
But i am a bit bored to have the stress every day to paint my hairline again and again and again...

So i play with the tought to try a topper.

Here are my many Questions Big Grin :

At first i want to achieve that kind of look:
http://forum.toplace.com/attachment.php?aid=115
and after some month this more like this.
http://forum.toplace.com/attachment.php?aid=111

I am a student and in the next 2 Month i have vacations, so thats the time where i think i start to let my hair grow a bit.
I will need absolutely a short topper, because everyone would notice it, when i mysticaly have long long hair during the period of one month Tongue. So, Does enyone know what kind of lace and density the first picture is?

The second Question is what kind of glue fit the best and which Remover i should try at first (and where i could buy them)?

The third question is, how long do you use your hair, befor you buy a new one?

And the last Question is Toplace accepting Paypal from Europe, because at the moment i dont have a creditcard?.

Greetings

(sorry for my bad englisch DSmile
06-22-2010, 06:53 AM,
RE: Shortcut Questions
Hi Ruulkasar,
Welcome to the forum! The short style in the first picture is a 70-75% density. With the shorter style you need to have more density than average. At 70-75% you can still show some scalp for realism. Achieving that really short style can be tricky. Usually the guys that do that start out with a longer style and as they gain experience in hair wearing they go with the shorter style. A longer hair style is more 'forgiving' and you can do things such as cover all of part of the hair line and blend the sides and back together without being spot on. But with a really short style you've got to be much more accurate. Being a first time wearer without prior experience you're jumping into the deep end. But it can be done if you're careful. I recommend doing 2 things. First, get a stock unit. The density is 65-70% but still it's very close to the photo of the short cut style. You can experiment and cut the hair shorter as you feel comfortable. Second, try attaching the unit with 'Got 2 Be Glued Spiking Glue.' This will give you an easy 2-4 hold but better yet it's easy to remove so you can gain experience in doing attachments and positioning the unit properly. Going to a short hair style requires a quick learning curve so the more practice in removing and attaching the better. Once you're comfortable with the stock unit you can order a custom unit. All we need for a stock unit is a hair sample or color number. We can mail it out the same day it's ordered.
Regarding which glue to use, it does require some 'trial and error' to see what works best for you. By far our most popular tape is 'Walker No Shine' and our most popular glue is 'Base Bond' and 'Ultra Hold.' Those are good places to start. If you go to the Toplace home page and click on 'How to Order' you will find 3 options. Under option 3 you'll see a link to our products supplier and you can order supplies on line. Glues, tapes, and accessories are paid for and shipped directly from our products supplier. Lace Release is also available there but you can also use 91% rubbing alcohol and it will work just fine. And yes, Toplace accepts Paypal payments from Europe. Good luck!
Regards,
John
06-22-2010, 08:06 AM,
thanks John for the fast answer Smile
Yes, in some month i want long hairs, but at first i have to use a short style, until enough time has passed, that no one would realize i wear a hair replacement Smile

Do you mean with stockunit for example a TL 300 I-Lace?
So does that mean i have to cut it slowly (and experimantal) in the correct shape and length, which i like to achieve, or what can i understand under the word "stockunit"? Smile Is a Stockunit a full head or also partial?
I ask beacause i dont find the word stockunit on the frontpage.

Greatings

Edit: I found a better picture of the first length i would prefer after the first 2 month:
http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=380

Could i achieve (self cutted and with some practise) such a look with a stockunit? And do you need a Template of my head for my first purchase?
06-22-2010, 11:38 AM,
That style would be difficult for a long time wearer and likely impossible for a newbie. You also have to remember that your temple and back hair has to be in good shape to make something like this work. When I got my first partial unit I had no idea what my side and back hair was going to look like when I grew it out because I had been shaving my head for 8 years. With the poor condition of my existing hair I never would have been able to wear a partial unit that was anywhere close to that short.
06-22-2010, 12:10 PM,
hmm i think a fullcap is too much, because my hair satus is similar to the nuber III vertex and a bit IV of the norwood hairloss chart.
http://www.hairlosspi.com/hairloss/hairl..._chart.gif

What hairstyle could i achieve with a topper, which is not that extremly complicated and not that long (for an realistic hair grow of 2-3month)?
That means with a length of 2cm of my own hair?
i think i am going to buy a stockunit for a test.
Should i fill out the form on the frontpage to order it or via mail?

I have to choose between the TL100 Super Fine Swiss and the TL300 ILace. I prefer the TL300 ILace because i want that some skin is shining trough.
Which one would be the best for my beginning-test (which is better to cut for some experiments)?

And how long will it take to deliver the stockunit to Germany (if i pay with paypal)?
06-22-2010, 11:37 PM,
Hi Ruulkasar,
I've got SFS lace stock units on hand and can ship immediately. When ordering a stock unit just email me at: [email protected]. Let me know your color number or send in a hair sample for color matching. I can get you a TL 400 stock unit and that will take 2-3 days extra as I don't have them on hand. All stock units are 65-70% density, freestyle, body wave, and 6" hair length. They cost $175 plus $20 S&H to Europe. ILace is a custom order. I suggest the SFS stock unit as it's easy to trim the base to fit your bald area. With normal USPS First Class service you should have it in 5-6 days. If you want FedEx delivery you'll have it in about 2 days. Please let me know if you want FedEx delivery and let me know your city so I can look up the price.
Regards,
John
06-23-2010, 04:56 AM,
you got a mail
07-06-2010, 09:18 AM,
got it...thanks.