Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will someone feel your wig??? Question from newbie
06-15-2010, 04:26 AM,
Will someone feel your wig??? Question from newbie
hi all

I am thinking about purchasing a system. I am a diffuse thinner, and have been using dermmatch to disguise this. To date, i have done this with great success, with noone (not even my girlfriend) realising i was loosing my hair.

However, my hair is getting to the stage where it is that thin, that the dermmatch is not working as well as it use to.

I have done alot of research into a wig, and am quite happy with everything ive heard but have one major concern.

Will someone feel the wig if its on my head? For example, if i was lying down, and my girlfriend was playing with my hair, will she straight away detect that something is different (like if she was scratching my scalp, etc?)

Has anyone else been able to wear a system and it never been detectable by someone close to them, such as a partner?

Any info is VERY much appreciated guys, and thanks in advance for your responses!!
06-15-2010, 01:31 PM,
RE: Will someone feel your wig??? Question from newbie
Hi Roby,
Young guys are always concerned about this issue. It's not a concern for the married guys...lol. If you have poly on the back and sides it's likely she will detect it. If you go with an all French lace or all Super Fine Swiss lace unit she may detect it but she'd really have to be looking for something. It also depends on your hair length. If you have longer or higher density it's very unlikely she'd feel the base. Now, if you have a unit with a fine mono base (we call them screens and we don't offer them) she will feel it. They're heavy and even with longer hair and good density they're detectable to the touch and often to sight too.
Regards,
John
06-16-2010, 08:43 AM,
With the right base design and a proper attachment is pretty difficult to be able to detect the unit. There are no guarantees that you will never get busted, but as long as you keep up with maintaining your bond the chances are slim.
10-01-2010, 08:29 AM,
(06-16-2010, 08:43 AM)JRob Wrote: With the right base design and a proper attachment is pretty difficult to be able to detect the unit. There are no guarantees that you will never get busted, but as long as you keep up with maintaining your bond the chances are slim.

bringing up this topic again...

im not personally concerned about the rest of the hair, it doesn't feel detectable if you ask me...

BUT
the hairline is my worry, my concern. I can't manage to make the transition from the hairline to my forehead undetectable to the touch. The closer I get is when I glue some of the hairs to my forehead... if you brush your fingers against my hairline it would feel like I have used a very strong gel and stuck some hairs on my forehead. Not the best of solutions imo.

I use Fray Check, it SLIGHLTY helps. I was wondering whether there is any similar product with better results? With Fray Check, I find that it leaves some flakes which looks like dandruff when it gets dry and you rub it.

:/
10-01-2010, 07:43 PM,
i think the term wigg should be banned from this forum i hate it, it belongs to the 70's
please its "hair system."
10-02-2010, 01:14 AM,
Saying WIG is a way to get over ourselves...

Call it WHATEVER you want, it a sytem, unit, replacement, or WIG!!!!!!!!!
10-25-2010, 12:27 AM,
(06-15-2010, 04:26 AM)roby123 Wrote: hi all

I am thinking about purchasing a system. I am a diffuse thinner, and have been using dermmatch to disguise this. To date, i have done this with great success, with noone (not even my girlfriend) realising i was loosing my hair.

However, my hair is getting to the stage where it is that thin, that the dermmatch is not working as well as it use to.

I have done alot of research into a wig, and am quite happy with everything ive heard but have one major concern.

Will someone feel the wig if its on my head? For example, if i was lying down, and my girlfriend was playing with my hair, will she straight away detect that something is different (like if she was scratching my scalp, etc?)

Has anyone else been able to wear a system and it never been detectable by someone close to them, such as a partner?

Any info is VERY much appreciated guys, and thanks in advance for your responses!!

This has been a bummer for me. Lace bases are detectable sometimes. The material feels rough and the knots add to the roughness, iv had 2 people run their hands through and feel the scalp. one person bluntly asked me if i was wearing one. the other was a partner and asked y does my scalp feel like that. i never told the truth but ultimately i think they figured it out and it is y they left me. im trying a new idea for a base soon where its thin skin around the back sides with swiss lace on the top and front hairline and then 1inch of swiss lace around entire perimeter and nape. but yeah thick density is great to cover up that feeling but u loose the realism and can end up up with a big head look unless u use loads of product to weigh it all down.
10-25-2010, 08:33 AM,
Hi anubi5. Are you wearing swiss or french lace ? Swiss is lighter than french. I wear swiss and I honestly find it very comfortable to wear and am doubtful that it could be detected to the touch.... I have a poly perimeter, the rest if the system is swiss lace.
I was interested in your observation regarding a partner who `figured it out` and left you. I had a similar experience many years ago while wearing an all -poly. I had actually intended to `out`myself as a wearer to the person in the next week or so but was busted first. The `thing`fizzled out shortly afterwards...... having given the whole thing a lot of thought, I figured out that, it`s probably not the fact that your wear that bothers a partner/potential partner, but the fact that you weren`t `honest`about it to them ... I suppose the thinking would be `` if they didn`t trust me with this personal fact, what else are they likely to keep from me ``.......... that was just my way of reasoning it out at the time. I resolved after that to be totally honest about it with anyone who I thought might be becoming more than a casual friend...... it`s been the best policy I found. I reckon if they want to let something like that bother them, then they only want to be with you in `fair weather` and are superficial.. To be honest, hand-on-heart, if I were in the position where a person was frank with me, about something personal to themselves, it would make me have more `time`for them. I couldn`t try to be in a relationship with someone while witholding the fact that I wear, as I would be `on edge`all the time.......wearing requires you to adapt and adjust things in your lifestyle...... trying to carry off wearing unbeknown to a partner, would just wear me out. Paul.
10-25-2010, 08:38 AM,
great words there paul.
youre kinda wondering how far it would escelate, hyperthetical, suppose you broke up on bad terms or even good terms,
youre ex partner might spread the word.
yea its mind reading predicting the future, but its a worry.
10-25-2010, 08:46 AM,
(10-25-2010, 08:38 AM)antywanty Wrote: great words there paul.
youre kinda wondering how far it would escelate, hyperthetical, suppose you broke up on bad terms or even good terms,
youre ex partner might spread the word.
yea its mind reading predicting the future, but its a worry.

Have you seen the movie "the blind side" with sandra bullock?
Her husband is wearing a piece.
Watch this movie and try to spot it. Very hard.

Anyways.
If you want it undetectable to touch:
Buy SFS all over.
Use glue for perimeter bond and glue for the front.
It will be undetectable to touch.
The front hairline. . .wth practice you can get it to be awesome.

My 2 cents.