Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I experimented with a flat iron...
06-17-2010, 08:09 AM,
So I experimented with a flat iron...
I have the worst time trying to get new systems to match my own hair because my hair is...

A: Baby Fine
C: Very Blonde
B: Totally Straight (body wave doesn't look natural with my hair)

While I'm waiting for a TL system to arrive that will successfully match my own hair (here's hoping the 3rd time's a charm), I decided to try my girl pal's flat iron. Yes I was THAT bored.

It worked amazingly well, no damage. Mind you the iron she uses retails for $170 and uses infrared heat. What that means exactly and what it will do long term, I don't know. The hair actually looked healthier though after using the thing and there is no burnt hair smell.

Despite the tattered state of my current system, I have gotten MANY compliments regarding how good my hair looks since discovering this new trick. btw... no one knows I wear because I look early 20's... because I wear! Wink

Just thought I'd share.

Tof
06-17-2010, 10:46 AM,
RE: So I experimented with a flat iron...
Tof,
That's very interesting. It will be interesting to see the long term results. I think the flat iron is compressing the hair shaft. When you say the hair looked healthier I assume you mean that it had more shine to it. Please keep us posted as to how often you use it and the results. If you can post a photo that would be great.
Regards,
John