Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crown/scalp giveaway dilemma
09-26-2009, 05:37 AM,
crown/scalp giveaway dilemma
I agree with the recent post regarding the top of the head. I don't like lace because it always seems to get tangled and ratty/wiggy at the crown and is an instant giveaway. After a couple of attachments and washings It just looks bad and makes me self-conscious. If I get a knotted thinskin at the crown that is lighter in density, will I have the same problem or will the hair tangle less and give the appearance of hair growing out of my scalp? I know injected thinskins would be better for this but I have found that injected hair and knotted hair don't go well together so you cant have an sfs front with knotted hair and then injected hair in the thinskin. Plus, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you get injected thinskin the skin isn't as thin as knotted thinskin because it needs another layer of the poly material to inject the hair - so it ends up being basically injected poly which of course is not good for hairlines.

So bottom line: will getting the thinskin at the crown improve my scalp appearance?
09-28-2009, 02:00 AM,
Re: crown/scalp giveaway dilemma
hello???? anyone????
09-28-2009, 05:38 AM,
NotGuilty Wrote:I agree with the recent post regarding the top of the head. I don't like lace because it always seems to get tangled and ratty/wiggy at the crown and is an instant giveaway. After a couple of attachments and washings It just looks bad and makes me self-conscious. If I get a knotted thinskin at the crown that is lighter in density, will I have the same problem or will the hair tangle less and give the appearance of hair growing out of my scalp? I know injected thinskins would be better for this but I have found that injected hair and knotted hair don't go well together so you cant have an sfs front with knotted hair and then injected hair in the thinskin. Plus, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you get injected thinskin the skin isn't as thin as knotted thinskin because it needs another layer of the poly material to inject the hair - so it ends up being basically injected poly which of course is not good for hairlines.

So bottom line: will getting the thinskin at the crown improve my scalp appearance?

You can gave all lace with just a injected thinskin crown, See photo below.
But having said that I dont have a problem with lace crowns.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-28-2009, 06:03 AM,
order the crown less dense than the rest of the piece and with NO SWIRL and you will solve that problem in a jiffy...I had to figure this one out on my own and I am one poster that does NOT like the traditional factory crown where they seem to increase the density and use multiple hairs per tie to create swirl...